Downtime Once Again.

Jeff

Trust me, I am as or more fed up with the downtime as well.

I apologize for the inconvenience. The datacenter (not the server, but the host) is again having access problems. You’ll know more when I do.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mommydog
Huh? What's MMORPGs?? I reallly need to keep myself dosed with the GT-like thing!! :P

Me too, I've been doin cold turkey all day ! :lol

I hope you get this months hosting for free Jeff!

Guest bonscoby

I HATE being without my Gt!!!!!! My hands start to shake and I get violent!!!!! ;) I NEED my Gt!

If the main server comes back up again, please don't leave me on this one. Please, someone, make an announcement that we should move over to the other one......

If the main server comes back up again, please don't leave me on this one. Please, someone, make an announcement that we should move over to the other one......

that was done last time... If you didn't see it, you were looking at cached pages on your computer.

massvely multi-player online role playing game

I'm embarrassed I know that.. DH is a gamer

:lol

I feel your pain. I too am what is referred to as a "gamer widow." :blush

Currently experiencing withdrawal tremors.

Must... have... GreyTalk....

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Any chance of a different data center in your future?

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Yes, but cost is an issue. Colocation services can get very expensive. Upwards of $400 per month. Currently we pay around $130 and that includes our OS license. Moving would be a real pain, more downtime, shipping and setup fees, as well as the OS licensing issues. It could be done, and will be if we need to, but I’d prefer to see if our current datacenter can square things away. Ideally the best solution would be to host out of my home, but I will most likely be moving within a year, so that will cause a good deal of downtime too. Not to mention the increased cost for a business connection in the home, the increased noise, and increased electric bills, the high initial cost of a commercial firewall. The list can go on and on lol

Guest GreytfullDad

Thanks for just keeping us up to date , and for the greatest part up & running. You do a greyt job and dispite the B@&%Hing, we all appreciate it. The complaints are just a side effect of GT-DT's

THANKS AGAIN Jeff

Yes, but cost is an issue. Colocation services can get very expensive. Upwards of $400 per month. Currently we pay around $130 and that includes our OS license. Moving would be a real pain, more downtime, shipping and setup fees, as well as the OS licensing issues. It could be done, and will be if we need to, but I’d prefer to see if our current datacenter can square things away. Ideally the best solution would be to host out of my home, but I will most likely be moving within a year, so that will cause a good deal of downtime too. Not to mention the increased cost for a business connection in the home, the increased noise, and increased electric bills, the high initial cost of a commercial firewall. The list can go on and on lol

Gotcha. This one's ususally pretty reliable - I wonder what's going on out there to raise these issues, espeically so close together.

I appreciate your having a plan for when they're down. I miss this place when I can't get to it. :)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

*Patsy extends a DTs-trembling hand toward her laptop, wondering if perchance this time . . . . *

WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest bonscoby

that was done last time... If you didn't see it, you were looking at cached pages on your computer.

Ok. Thanks. I just want to be in the right place at the right time. With the horrible luck I've been having lately, I'll probably miss the announcement!!!! :rolleyes: Gotta have my Gt, you know!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol

Guest OnecoRose

I have missed it too. It is tough living without GT and chat. There are some things you take for granted. Thanks, Jeff hopefully all will be well soon.

But as usual, Jeff ROCKS! The center goes down and VIOLA! It only takes me a couple of minutes to find the temporary site.. Thanks again Jeff, for all the work and from deterring a massive withdrawal pandemic. (The CDC and NIH wouldn't quite know how to hanle it )

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest IndysDad

Hmmm, still down?

Perhaps it's time to start searching for a new provider/data center?

I don't see much difference if GT is down for a 3-4 day stretch to migrate or 2-4 days for an ongoing problem...

As for cost, perhaps we could start a donation drive/fund to help offset the cost/ongoing maintainence/monthly fees...I'm up for the idea/donating money..

Either way, thanks for going to the back up server...I'm sure it keeps a large portion of us sane :colgate:colgate

Guest tammymacb

OK..as I sit here with DTs and frustrated, I think to myself " How can I help"...I go to the "How to make a donation to GT" cause money is a way I can do SOMETHING to get my pasttime back...I click on the link and get an ERROR... :headwall

Oh, the irony.. :lol

I'd really like to make the donation- is there a paypal address or do I need to wait till the site is fixed?

donations work through our ticket system and email for notifications. Neither of those systems are here on the development server.

I'll call the datacenter when I get home this afternoon.