Downtime Once Again.

Jeff

Guest DoofBert

Thanks Jeff! We appreciate all your work!!!!Let's hope the datacenter is up and running soon!

Jayne and the Pocono Black Pack

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hannahmom

Yes, MMORPGs!

What ya playin'?

Final Fantasy XI! LOVED X and VIII so I thought I'd give this one a try. :) It's getting me by!

World of Warcraft junkie here :blush

Guest Pookie

Yes, MMORPGs!

What ya playin'?

Final Fantasy XI! LOVED X and VIII so I thought I'd give this one a try. :) It's getting me by!

World of Warcraft junkie here :blush

Guild Wars here :wave

Should we all :tomato at the data center?

Just kidding... :D thank you for all your work Jeff!!

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

donations work through our ticket system and email for notifications. Neither of those systems are here on the development server.

I'll call the datacenter when I get home this afternoon.

did they give you any news?

Well theres your problem...

CIMG3042-1200.jpg

:lol

Edited by snowjay

The one thing about it being on the backup (development) server is that I can get to it at work. They blocked Greytalk a few months ago, talk about withdrawals. I don't post much but I love reading everything. But this url I can get to, they haven't blocked it...............yet.

Jeff, Thanks for all your work on this!!!! I am sure it is like having a second job (but no paycheck).

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

not good news at all!!

The short story is that we sold our IP space to our largest customer if he agreed to hold our servers for us until we could migrate them to our new location. After he sent us a hefty bill for collocation, that we agreed to pay, then he turned them off saying he needed the space for his own servers now.

This fiasco has temporarily placed me out of business.

So this means I need to find another colocation host for Greytalk. Who, What, When.. I don't know yet, but it will take a bit of time.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

holy crap!!! Isn't that breach of contract? Someones gonna get sued.

Perhaps we need to send that guy a cyber message. :devil

ya know there has been a rash of dos attacks lately. B)

no worries, it will continue. It will just be slower for a bit. It is currently running from my home connection. I'll look into upgrading that tomorrow when the business department for my ISP is open. They do not have Fiber Optic home connections in my area yet. That would be the ideal solution. I'll also be looking for other colo facilities. I'll keep you posted when I know more.

Guest longdogs

One benefit from a slow connection, both yours and mine as our ISP is currently 'improving' their network, is I've finally noticed the 'Greytalk' background is an autostereogram. Normally it gets overlaid quickly by the text blocks and I've never paid it much attention. This time I was just staring vacantly at the screen waiting for the dang page to load, and sudenly there are floating 'Greytalks'. Or maybe it's the scotch.

Do we need to start a GT telethon?? Perhaps we can recruit Jerry Lewis-- or Jennifer and Judy can use their "in" with Johnny Depp??

Seriously, if it would help, we could start a donation drive, with any leftover going to the hounds.

We GTers are addicts!

Melissa, Penelope (LC's Wild Rose)

Missing sweet Bell (EMK Bolivar Bell). I'll never forget you.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

{image removed, taller than 150px}

Guest Winterwish

This time I was just staring vacantly at the screen waiting for the dang page to load, and sudenly there are floating 'Greytalks'. Or maybe it's the scotch.

:rotfl:rotfl

:lol:lol:lol

not good news at all!!

The short story is that we sold our IP space to our largest customer if he agreed to hold our servers for us until we could migrate them to our new location. After he sent us a hefty bill for collocation, that we agreed to pay, then he turned them off saying he needed the space for his own servers now.

This fiasco has temporarily placed me out of business.

So this means I need to find another colocation host for Greytalk. Who, What, When.. I don't know yet, but it will take a bit of time.

get ahold of WebErika in Georgia -- she does something with web stuff, but I'm not sure what. She might be able to host for you, or point you towards a colo site, if she can't do it.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Jeff, PM me what you need and I will ask at work tomorrow. I work for an internet company so someone there might have some ideas or point you in the right direction.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I am hoping the server is moved tonight ;)

I need about 500GB of transfer per month (normal plan is ~1000gb)

2U storage space

Dual cat5 connections (1 for server, 1 for RAC)

then all the normal stuff.

UPS, AC, reverse DNS, etc