Downtime Once Again.

Jeff

Guest greymomx2
Since this will be an extended time on the development server, I will restore this database to the main server. The server was suppose to be shipped out to me today. I'll need to do some updating, then get it to another datacenter. It will be at least another 2 weeks before we get it going on a better connection.

Hi Jeff,

Is it still that plan to have all the posts that we're currently writing on the development server transferred to the "real" server? There's a huge thread on Houndmama that we don't want to lose (well we don't want to lose any of them :) ), and we're wondering if we need to copy the whole thread somewhere and save it so we can then put it back up. (I don't know how that would be done, however...:dunno). Thanks! We DO appreciate ALL you do for us!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is a really long downtime....Jeff, you are going a greyt job keeping us all here

AND

you are going to copy over B) this stuff....sounds like extra work though :blink:

I will definitely donate more when my supporter expiration comes about, this is somehting I really USE!!

One question: what is your avatar a pic of? I keep looking and scratching my head....is it the silhouette of the back of a grey's head?? :huh:lol

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background

One question: what is your avatar a pic of? I keep looking and scratching my head....is it the silhouette of the back of a grey's head?? :huh:lol

that has been the 'question' for a long time lol

I always assumed that it was the head of a greyhound! Just the head, sort of looking at you with one eye open!

Cello

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Wow, this is a really long downtime....Jeff, you are going a greyt job keeping us all here

AND

you are going to copy over B) this stuff....sounds like extra work though :blink:

I will definitely donate more when my supporter expiration comes about, this is somehting I really USE!!

I agree 100%, I went ahead & sent Pegasus' remembrance over to an email, but I appreciate the copy over.

You will definitly see a little something extra in your envelope when my donation time comes around, maybe before then. I almost feel like we should have a national holiday for Jeff & his crew!

I thought at first it was a raptor, then a gisselle, then a surfer sign of some sort, then a skeleton of a greyhound head...JUST WHAT IS IT! he he he

DUDE 20355_1.gif:rivethead:rivethead:rivethead

that has been the 'question' for a long time lol

yeah, I mean what else can I add, but :headbang

It has always looked like a weird goat to me...but Jeff said it was his hound's paw with the 2 outer toes out. There was a big thread about it when he changed it to that a long time ago, I got a big kick out of it! :lol

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

It has always looked like a weird goat to me...but Jeff said it was his hound's paw with the 2 outer toes out. There was a big thread about it when he changed it to that a long time ago, I got a big kick out of it! :lol

Hey I remember that!! I always thought it was a snail's head. I can't wait until the new sever is up and running so I can see everyone's avatars and signatures again. :weep

signature.jpg

Argo and bridge babies Artemis, Icarus and Iris.

Guest greymomx2

Hey I remember that!! I always thought it was a snail's head. I can't wait until the new sever is up and running so I can see everyone's avatars and signatures again. :weep

It always looked to me like a llama or something, as viewed from the ground up and it looking straight down at you! :lol:lol

all avatars should be here

All remote hosted signatures are here as well.

Oh sorry. Yes they do work, but I have them turned off so things don't go quite as slow. :) I miss seeing all the pictures, but I like things moving quickly too. :lol

signature.jpg

Argo and bridge babies Artemis, Icarus and Iris.

Guest Heart_Hound

It always looked to me like a llama or something, as viewed from the ground up and it looking straight down at you! :lol:lol

WWAHHHHHH

Llama Llama DUCK

Edited by Heart_Hound

Any new information regarding the server issues??? I have to say that I don't spend as much time over here as I used to because its slower than a snails butt and if you click on a thread, you can't just scroll down that thread, you have to make sure you give it ample time to load or you will get stuck in this blur screen. Although some of that was happening before.. Maybe this is just a way of weeding out people who take up bandwidth without actually adding anything productively. I keep hoping to log on and actually have fun again on GT.... Maybe that is a thing of the past..

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

Guest GreytsMom
Any new information regarding the server issues??? I have to say that I don't spend as much time over here as I used to because its slower than a snails butt and if you click on a thread, you can't just scroll down that thread, you have to make sure you give it ample time to load or you will get stuck in this blur screen. Although some of that was happening before.. Maybe this is just a way of weeding out people who take up bandwidth without actually adding anything productively. I keep hoping to log on and actually have fun again on GT.... Maybe that is a thing of the past..

Me too,..although I have been a bit busier lately..but I always made time for greytalk.

As usual Jeff, YOU ROCK. I sit and wait quietly not daring to disturb the Universe, knowing that eventually you will make it right and then all will be right with the Greytalk world.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

In the weeks since the server went down, I have only twice experienced the slowness that others seem to experience regularly. *shrug* I don't know what's special about me, but that's been my experience.

Jeff - I know that you you and the mods are doing all you can to make this process as pain-free as possible. Thanks for all your hard work. :)

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

The main server is here at my home, but we are not running on it. **IF** I get the remainder of the items from the datacenter that were missing from the initial shipment this week, I'll have it all shipped to the new datacenter as soon as I can. I am waiting for the other items, and dealing with the now defunct datacenter is a PITA.

large.greyhound_signature.gif