Downtime Once Again.

Jeff

Guest Sportingfields

Hi Jeff, I'm sorry this has happened. Concerned about the dollar issue, I know you've tried to keep the costs down as much as possible for us GT supporters. How is the bank account, do you need more kibble to get us moved & keep us running? Please let us know if you are short, we all, don't want to lose GT.

Techy question, is there some way to view the board without the graphics & pictures? it would make loading time quicker for some of us. I've DSL & it's slow, can't imagine what folks with land lines are going thru. This is not a complaint, I understand, just thought maybe the site could be viewed without the bells.... ?

Thank you so much for all your efforts.

roos Christel

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest K9_Lady

This time I was just staring vacantly at the screen waiting for the dang page to load, and sudenly there are floating 'Greytalks'. Or maybe it's the scotch.

:rotfl:rotfl

:lol:lol:lol

:eek That happened to me the other night...I thought it was the grape wine cooler and not wearing my glasses! B):D

account is fine for now. If I need to purchase out own firewall, that will deplete it.

We can each kick in a bit if needed, just let us know. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest Sportingfields
account is fine for now. If I need to purchase out own firewall, that will deplete it.

You can view a text based version here:

http://testsvr.greytalk.com/BackUp/lofiversion/index.php/

it should load pretty darn quick :)

Wow, the text version sure does load quickly & you can still see everyones pictures in their posts. I can't figure out how to post from there but who cares, it's easy to scan the board & see what's new.

Will keep an eye out if you need more kibble for the server.

roos

Christel

Just upgraded my home service while we work on other hosting details. It should help make things a bit more bearable. Our upload (download to you) speed was increased by 50%, so hopefully things will load faster, and I’ll be able to surf while you all suck down my bandwidth :lol

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Do we need to start a GT telethon?? Perhaps we can recruit Jerry Lewis-- or Jennifer and Judy can use their "in" with Johnny Depp??

Seriously, if it would help, we could start a donation drive, with any leftover going to the hounds.

We GTers are addicts!

I like that idea!! :lol:lol

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

My boss likes hosting.com . I can provide a few details if you're interested (PM me).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Gogh4It

Do we need to start a GT telethon?? Perhaps we can recruit Jerry Lewis-- or Jennifer and Judy can use their "in" with Johnny Depp??

Seriously, if it would help, we could start a donation drive, with any leftover going to the hounds.

We GTers are addicts!

I like that idea!! :lol:lol

I like that idea also Jeff, I dont have your address anymore, but I'll be glad to send Greytalk some money & like it was said, anything left over...send it to an adoption group of your choice.

what stinks is thinking that all the conversations begun during this downtime may be lost once the regular GT is up and running again. It's one thing to lose a day or two and go back to where we left off, but to lose a week or more and go back in time to where we left off is going to hurt.

Since this will be an extended time on the development server, I will restore this database to the main server. The server was suppose to be shipped out to me today. I'll need to do some updating, then get it to another datacenter. It will be at least another 2 weeks before we get it going on a better connection.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Do you have another datacenter picked out?

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

thanks for taking such good care of us Jeff.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Since this will be an extended time on the development server, I will restore this database to the main server. The server was suppose to be shipped out to me today. I'll need to do some updating, then get it to another datacenter. It will be at least another 2 weeks before we get it going on a better connection.

Thank you for your dedication to keeping Greytalk going. I cannot imagine the amount of time and effort (and money) this has taken. We all appreciate your hard work, your time, and your tech skills. We also appreciate your real job. :coastie:standard Thank you!!

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest GreytsMom

Yikes!! We need to throw you a party!!

Guest greystoked

Hi, Jeff.

Thought summat was up w/ the center, sorry to hear about all the grief and complications.

A hearty roo and thanks to you for all your hard work and dedication.

I will stay off for a bit to spare the bandwidth, that should make things better and I'm sure most GT'ers will be pleased as punch to hear that. Just happy I wasn't banned altogether.

Good luck and thanks again.