Miss Sissy Has Crossed The Bridge

HooversMom

Dear friends,

Sissy traveled peacefully to the Bridge this morning once we knew there was no way to give her more quality time. We will miss her terribly, but I have always known she was not really a dog, but a powerful angel just borrowing a dog's body. Bless her heart, she held on as long as she could, wanting to continue taking care of us until she could no longer fight the cancer. It is a miracle she lived with mast cell cancer for five years, and we were grateful she felt we were worth hanging on for. All but her last few weeks were pain-free, and for this we thank God. We are sorry that she couldn't hold on until John got home, but he talked to her on the phone and we are sure she understands that his heart and soul were here with her when she crossed over.

Thank you, Miss Sissy, for taking care of all of us. Thank you for raising Hoover and the foster puppies, and thank you for showing Hoover how to raise Blue when you were sick and couldn't do it yourself as you wanted to. Thank you for being such a great companion to Lacy and putting up with her old-lady crankiness with such good humor. Thank you for hogging the bed, stealing our food, making us laugh, and holding down the couch so it couldn't run away. We will always be amazed that so much love could be contained in such a little striped body.

Please say a little prayer for us, the ones this beautiful little creature left behind on her Journey. Especially pray for sweet Hoover, whom Sissy raised as her own, and for dear old Lacy who was her constant companion and will be so again when her time comes (not anytime soon, we hope!) Pray for John, who had the heartbreaking bad luck to be away from us at this time. I know he feels helpless, but there was a reason that God needed me to handle this alone. I know it has already made me stronger.

Rest well, princess. Run free, healthy and whole forever in the company of God and those who crossed before you. We know you'll continue to take care of all of us. We hope you'll visit us often -- we'll be watching for the signs. Don't forget to visit all the people who have hoped and cried with us during this time, and give them one of your "drive-by" kisses.

Thank all of you SO MUCH for being here and caring. Please don't feel badly for me -- I am blessed and at peace that my angel has no more pain and is waiting for me at the Bridge.

Rest well, Esperanza, little angel whose name means "hope" -- you brought so much of it to so many.

ESPERANZA (Miss Sissy) 1997-2005

Carrie & Family

Edited by HooversMom

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry..all my sympathy :f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Run free with our Angels sweetheart. You are loved and missed always. Don't forget to send Rainbows...and kiss Angel Sophia for us. :grouphug:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so very sorry. :candle Sissy was such a beautiful and courageous soul, I know she will watch over all of you. :angelwings Godspeed Sissy.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg