More Gracie Updates

For those of you who haven't followed Gracie's story, here is the thread of her story that started just over two weeks ago: Gracie's Scary Story

Yet ANOTHER update:

This morning Gracie stood up on her bed and tried to rearrange how she was laying. She is a dog who likes to readjust often. :rolleyes: When we were outside, Matt let go of her, and she walked like she was on a mission. Then she squatted and peed - unassisted! After getting up from her squat, she walked (on a mission again) to the back corner of the yard, also known as her poop corner. You guessed it, she went back there and pooped, also unassisted! After a minute of rest, she walked (wobbled) back to the back of the house to go back inside. She was walking 10-15 steps at a time before she would stop to rebalance.

This girl is amazing. Consider that just 2 days ago we were discussing her quality of life and discussing "that" hard decision, she sure has proved us wrong. She is a fighter and wants so badly to be walking again. Guess we better get moving on getting our new fence up soon!

Big thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement as we live this roller coaster. I'm hoping she will be doing well enough to be on all four paws for this years GPA-WI Gala. I'm sure she would love to give hugs and snuggles to each and every one of you for believing in her. Anyone who wants to come support GPA-WI and meet the famous Princess Gracie is more than welcome to come!

By the way, I made sure to bring her "BELIEVE" collar with when we picked her up from the hospital last week. I put it on her neck and told her that I believe in her and that I believe she can do it. Seeing that collar on her every day has reminded me that she needs me to believe in her.

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wonderful, encouraging update! She's a fighter, and I'm sure she knows that you are fighting right alongside of her (or, the way things are going, right BEHIND her).

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Wow, Gracie seems to be making giant leaps in her progress. That is a huge difference in 2 days. What a special girl! Your family is doing a terrific job of guiding her back to health. :yay :yay :yay

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest westexhound

What fantastic progress Gracie is making! I'm so happy for all of you. And the "BELIEVE" collar -- way cool!!

I'm SO glad to hear such a wonderful update!!!! :yay :yay :yay :yay

you're girl is one tough little Princess ;) and I just know she's going to be able to come to the Gala -- she just HAS to because I have to love on her BIG time!!!!!! :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2

give your little brave Princess a big wet smoochie from her Aunt Kim :kiss2 :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest nerak254
For those of you who haven't followed Gracie's story, here is the thread of her story that started just over two weeks ago: Gracie's Scary Story

Yet ANOTHER update:

This morning Gracie stood up on her bed and tried to rearrange how she was laying. She is a dog who likes to readjust often. :rolleyes: When we were outside, Matt let go of her, and she walked like she was on a mission. Then she squatted and peed - unassisted! After getting up from her squat, she walked (on a mission again) to the back corner of the yard, also known as her poop corner. You guessed it, she went back there and pooped, also unassisted! After a minute of rest, she walked (wobbled) back to the back of the house to go back inside. She was walking 10-15 steps at a time before she would stop to rebalance.

This girl is amazing. Consider that just 2 days ago we were discussing her quality of life and discussing "that" hard decision, she sure has proved us wrong. She is a fighter and wants so badly to be walking again. Guess we better get moving on getting our new fence up soon!

Big thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement as we live this roller coaster. I'm hoping she will be doing well enough to be on all four paws for this years GPA-WI Gala. I'm sure she would love to give hugs and snuggles to each and every one of you for believing in her. Anyone who wants to come support GPA-WI and meet the famous Princess Gracie is more than welcome to come!

By the way, I made sure to bring her "BELIEVE" collar with when we picked her up from the hospital last week. I put it on her neck and told her that I believe in her and that I believe she can do it. Seeing that collar on her every day has reminded me that she needs me to believe in her.

:confetti :confetti

Guest GentleHugs

:confetti:confetti:confetti:confetti

:clap:clap:clap

:banana:pepper:banana:pepper

WAY TO GO GRACIE! YOU CAN DO IT!

Very elated to hear that Gracie is remarkably improving every day!

Edited by GentleHugs

What a wonderful update! I can just imagine the roller coaster ride you're on. We had a bad episode with Saint today and he couldn't walk and Gracie was the first one who came to mind and how in the world you were coping.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee