Gallery Users

Jeff

We will be transitioning to a new server over the next few weeks. Please grab all of your gallery images for safe keeping.

I will most likely migrate the gallery from the current stand alone software to a version native to the forum software. This will allow tighter integration and more options for you and I.

Once I have the new stuff running, you will be able to re-upload your images.

This will also all come with a forum upgrade. I wanted to wait until I departed Kodiak next year, but unfortunately our host in requiring a server update. Our existing site will not run on the upgraded software.

There will be some growing pains, as I am not sure if the Chat server will remain, and a lot of customization we have done with the ticket helpdesk (avatars, donations, etc) will need to be recoded, and there may be some downtime for those system integrations.

I may be able to get the gallery to convert, but just in case I can't, I'd like for you to have your images safe ;)

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest greystoked

Thank you, Jeff. Positive waves for a smooth transition, may the gremlins be distracted from your efforts.

Already got 3 backups of anything in the gallery, but thanks also for the heads up.

Gosh, I'm glad I read this. Thanks for the head's up!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help. Do y'all have enough $$ in the kitty for this project?

***heads off to gallery to save pics***

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Kitty is doing well, thanks to all the supporters :)

We have also have a good influx since the outage, people helping the cause, the more the merrier :)

There should not be much downtime associated with the actual server swap, I have been working the last 2 days getting things set up. I currently have a forum and the helpdesk set up. Both are currently empty, I have not moved any data yet. When we move no data 'should' be lost, but out integrations will take some time to work out. The only downtime you should see is about an hour while I move the forum database (all your postings like this) and then inport it to the new forum. The other downtime really isn't downtime, but the IP address of the server will change, so that means you may not be able to access it right away. I'll update our DNS and depending on how long it takes your ISP to replicate it, you will then be able to access the new server. Basically changing it from a number to a name ;)

Well, since my images in the gallery are just copies...I think I will hope for the best, but thanks for the warning! There are going to be a LOT of blank signatures if it doesn't work!!

Good luck!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Approximately how much time do we have to get our images copied from the gallery?

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm done!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Do I have to save each picture or can I do it en mass somehow?

not that I see at the moment. I'll have to update the gallery before I convert it, so I'll let you know if the update contains a way to bulk download or archive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Final reminder to grab your images. We are deleting it all tonight. Too many problems with transferring the existing over and having it work properly with the new gallery.

So save your images from your gallery if you want them.

Open your image (click on it so you have the full size one, not just the thumbnail) and drag it to your desktop (or where ever you are going to save them for now).