• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest curi0us

I'm 27 and my boyfriend is 33 (34 in just a few days). The people from our adoption group are all great, but most are older than we are and have different lifestyles (we don't have any kids either).

Guest johnnydrum

45 here!

I had them as a child, and always knew that I would have one...however its took years!

My Girlfriend (now my Wife) walked into my life with her King Charles Spaniel, then we had a daughter.....and only once , when my little girl grew up and got a home for herself, I finally adopted my Greyhound (8 days ago!)

Edited by johnnydrum

Guest curi0us

45 here!

I had them as a child, and always knew that I would have one...however its took years!

My Girlfriend (now my Wife) walked into my life with her King Charles Spaniel, then we had a daughter.....and only once , when my little girl grew up and got a home for herself, I finally adopted my Greyhound (8 days ago!)

CONGRATS :)

• 1 month later...
Guest robinson727

I'm 64 and my "Bride" Palmer is 62.. We just adopted Danny Lee 3 weeks ago from MSGAO (MidSouth Greyhound Adoption Option) and he's 4. We have shared our lives with other large breed's (Shepherds, Labs) but Danny Lee is the most amazing creature we have ever been around..

I wish we wouldn't have waited so long. BTW.. This is a wonderful group and we have enjoyed reading and learning from all of you,

Thank you,

Al -n-Palmer,

Danny Lee

Mikey Stray Dog

Mr. Grylls, the cat.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking the same thing when the poll results came up :lol

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 1 month later...
Guest archerthepuppo

I am 23, BF is 25 in May, and our sweetest buck Archer will be THREE (oh my gosh where has the time gone?!) in June!

Our newest addition - baby grey - is due in exactly ONE MONTH!

• 1 month later...

I'm 31, my partner is a bit older and I'll respect her privacy by not posting her age. :)

I had a dog in my early twenties until about 25, then have lived without pets for the last 6 years. About to finalize adoption of my first greyhound in the next couple weeks.

I'm glad to be a bit older now -- I feel more prepared and settled -- and likely a better lifestyle fit for a greyhound at this point in my life. Looking forward to many, many years of greyhound ownership... or of being owned by a greyhound!

• 1 month later...

I’m thinking we need another age group. I haven’t had to change mine for 6 years now and won’t ever have to again :)

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• 7 months later...