• 37-45
    • 45-55
    • 55 and up

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sireltonsmom

I'll just go for it here. I just turned 70 and have had Sir Elton for 9 years. He's 14 so he IS older than me! We've had 4 fosters and finally failed so we have wonderful Mindy who is 8. Guess we will be the ones who give the bounce back senior dogs a forever home. That's ok too. I get the young grey fix working with 2 adoption groups. I feel I have the best of all worlds with these Awesome doggies! I'm so glad to know that the twenties and thirties groups are adopting greyhounds. Bless all grey owners. Aren't we the luckiest people!

I'm 27, and my boyfriend is 32, and our hound will be 4 in April. It's still hard for us to believe that we will have had Starvin' Q. Marvin (or Marvin, Marv, Starvies, etc... :)) for almost a year already. Time flies when you're having fun!

Guest TheModernMutt

Freshly turned 33.

The results of this pole are probably skewed just a bit though. While the age group 30-37 is showing as the most popular age for greyhound ownership, you have to take into consideration that the older generations probably don't use the computer as much as we do, and the younger generations probably don't care, so by default there are probably less votes in each of those categories than there would be if those age groups checked in as much as we do.

I'm posting so that that last category gets a few more people. Maybe you're right Modern Mutt....older folks might not be on computers that much. So, I'm representing the senior section! I'm 73 and my sweet husband is 79! We think and most days feel 30 and I hope our three pups, a labradoodle, standard poodle and.......yay.......greyhound feel our energy! Our kids are grown(6) and even our grandkids are in or entering college(11) so we have lots of time to just love our pups and enjoy the fact that they never talk back ( well, most of the time) and we don't have to send them to college and they make us laugh every single day! Bless them!!

Guest kmcmcf

Just turned 22 on Tuesday (which makes me 21 when I got her), Cora will be 2 in August (never raced), and she's my first greyhound and first dog since I was a kid

though to be fair I adopted her for the express purpose of owner-training as my medical alert/service dog - if I wasn't disabled, I'd probably have waited another few years to get a grey, and even having one now I'm definitely waiting until she's a fully-trained sd before I even think about getting another one as a pet (which I HAVE started to get the craving for, grrrrrr.... once you pop you can't stop, I guess it's true!)

Edited by kmcmcf

• 2 weeks later...

This is almost 8 years old! I'm 40 now! Guh, that now puts me in a whole new age bracket than when I answered before :lol

Edited by kamsmom

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

• 1 month later...
Guest greybookends

This is almost 8 years old! I'm 40 now! Guh, that now puts me in a whole new age bracket than when I answered before :lol

Yup me to. heck most of us are in a new category. that last category has far more numbers now then it shows.

• 2 months later...
Guest oldgreymom

I am actually a little surprised by the results since most of the greyhound owners I have met were over 40. I kind of thought this was an older person's breed. According to the poll, 75% of greyhound owners are under 45. Is it because younger people are more likely to be on forums such as this? Or more likely to participate in polls? what do you all think?

• 2 months later...

I just turned 39 and my husband is 44.

Damn, I feel old now after reading this thread! :gramps

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

• 1 year later...
Guest Memphsmom

I'm in my 50s but DD adopted Memphis when she was living at home. She (DD) was only 19 at the time. I had never even considered owning a greyhound before DD brought Memphis into our lives, Now I can't imagine not having him with us. Memphis is 9. All of my dogs are the "thank you mom" gifts my children left me as they flew the coop, Oz was my youngest DD's because she "never got to pick a dog out for herself" when she was in high school, the ridgeback was my son's before he left for the Army and needed a place to leave him, then realized how bonded his father had become to the big beasty, so just gave him to us, Oldest DD's dog passed on a few years back, but oldest DD is 30, so Dux would be very old by now. Best gifts my kids could give. (other then grandkids) lol

Edited by Memphsmom

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...