Laura Tidwell's Passing

Cindy_Hanson

Laura Tidwell, an active greyhound volunteer in the San Antonio area and one of Celebrating Greyhounds Magazine's copy editors, passed away on Sunday. She was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September. She resigned from our staff as we were putting together the Fall issue, anticipating that she would have until about the end of the year to "get her house in order and spend time with Joe and the kids."

Laura was a sharp editor and always raised great questions--particularly on the medical articles, which were her favorite. She was fun to work with, too; she had a great sense of humor, and she loved her dogs.

Last year, I traveled to San Antonio on business and got to spend some time with Laura in her stomping grounds. She drove me around all the seedy parts of town while we caught up on greyhound news, and then we had dinner at a terrific Mexican restaurant. A young woman with a basketful of souvenirs for sale approached our table. "Oh, you should have something to remember this," said Laura. She pulled a flashing wand out of the basket and handed it to me.

I still have that wand, sitting on my desk here at work. After Laura told me of her diagnosis, sometimes I'd look at that wand, wishing it were magic. As a reminder of a colleague and friend whose absence is keenly felt, I suppose it is.

I know Laura was met at the Bridge with a chorus of roos! I'm sorry that our community and planet has lost such a being of Light. Godspeed, Laura... :f_white

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest PhillyPups

Laura will be missed here, but I know my Runner and The Divine Ms. SugarBear will be hanging with her till I meet them again, and I know now they are in greyt hands. Condolences to her family.

My deepest sympathy to her family...my prayers. :(:f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I also met her at Kanab briefly. My sympathy to her family, friends and pups.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

My deepest sympathies to her family and friends. :f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

That is so sad :( I'm sorry for her passing and the loss of your good friend.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch