Signature Guidelines

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lovemyhound

OK I give up... I have resized my sig a few times - I swear I'm following the guidelines and it keeps getting deleted! (even one of my kids tried :crazy ) I can't get it.... <_<

Guest Lovemyhound

OK I'm back to trying this sig thing this morning.. I thought I had figured out the 15k thing but now I am getting the following error code when I try to insert the image -

"Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed"

What does that mean - dynamic pages? I am trying to import my sig from photobucket. hmmm, is there a "tag" stuck to the pic in photobucket? I will go check that.

• 2 months later...
Guest HappyHarleysMom

Ok, I'm testing my siggy since I didn't do it right last night. I hope I did it right this time since I'm sort of guessing at this point. I understand the 500x150 part, but my file size doesn't say 15k.

:blink: crossing fingers

christmasdogs.jpg

So how do I get this down to 15K? Make it smaller than 500 x 150? It's 21374 bytes.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I use IrfanView to get siggies down to 15K.

christmasdogs.jpg

Anne, I can't download irfanview because I'm on my office computer. but whatever you did got it down to 15283 bytes. Would you mind trying to get this down to 15000 bytes for me and I will download this on my home pc for future use? :blush

Thank you if you can help me!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Thank you so much, Anne!!! :)

Guest HappyHarleysMom

I am trying again, however there is a box in my edit signature page that I can't get rid of, so I am stuck. It's the same box that is here while I type this post. This box where I am typing is covering a big chunk of the screen I am in. Hard to explain. I'm so frustrated at my stupidness with this stuff.

actually I just noticed this box is everywhere. It says, Tip: click inside to load the editor box"

I can't get rid of it

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Well I don't know if I'm editing my first post or adding a post, but is there a tutorial on creating signatures, regarding how to keep the file size down without having your pic too tiny to see? I feel so stupid it's not even funny. I see some beautiful siggys on GT and they are way bigger to look at, yet they meet the guidelines. Can someone tell me any tips on this? I see siggys with pics, background colors, emoties, and all sorts of stuff in them. I can't even resize three pics--I get the 150x500 right, and then the file size comcomcombined

I

continued since I can't get rid of this box.

combined is too big. I have to resize the pics to pencil points to meet the file size. Can anyone help me? I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Guest HappyHarleysMom

I use IrfanView to get signatures down to 15K (without resizing the size 500x150). :)

Or you could send me your siggy and I'll try to get it down to 15K. :)

Thanks Anne! I emailed the signature I used in the old GT format. I really appreciate your help!

Guest HappyHarleysMom

Uh oh, I got removed again. :lol Back to the drawing board...I wonder if Photobucket changed the file size or something when I took the file you sent me, Anne. It's probably me--it's always me when it comes to these things....cuz I'm so good at this stuff. :lol

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...