CELEBRATING FRENCH FRY DAY w/ ROCKET!!!

:ghplaybowIts that time again! :chow Time to honor Rocket's love of french fries on National French Fry Day this Wednesday July 13. French Fry Day is a BIG deal! :confetti  There is lots of media attention and I have attached a link for some of the many places offering french fry specials.  I loved Rocket and loved hearing about his exploits and this is just a way I enjoy remembering him.  His mom says he loved them french fries!  He is and will always be a special GT'r. I know there are some others that have enjoyed this opportunity to honor Rocket and I didn't want you to miss out so its time to start telling your hounds about the good fortune they will have on Wednesday! Here's the link for quite a few major 'french fry specials.' Rocket- this is for you! We love you and always will. :beatheart  Never forgotten.

https://www.wral.com/story/list-of-national-french-fry-day-2023-deals-on-thursday-july-13/20947108/

18 minutes ago, racindog said:

:ghplaybowIts that time again! :chow Time to honor Rocket's love of french fries on National French Fry Day this Wednesday Thursday, July 13. French Fry Day is a BIG deal! :confetti  There is lots of media attention and I have attached a link for some of the many places offering french fry specials.  I loved Rocket and loved hearing about his exploits and this is just a way I enjoy remembering him.  His mom says he loved them french fries!  He is and will always be a special GT'r. I know there are some others that have enjoyed this opportunity to honor Rocket and I didn't want you to miss out so its time to start telling your hounds about the good fortune they will have on Wednesday Thursday! Here's the link for quite a few major 'french fry specials.' Rocket- this is for you! We love you and always will. :beatheart  Never forgotten.

https://www.wral.com/story/list-of-national-french-fry-day-2023-deals-on-thursday-july-13/20947108/

(Fixed that for ya, you're just soo excited :D )

:banana Woo hoo! Rocket :beatheart Donna, thanks for the reminder!! :chow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Mark and LaVida are carrying on Rocket's tradition here. They always check to see if I have a McD's bag for them when I walk in the door. 

We will be celebrating on Wednesday. 

The man himself - he loved his fries! 

XfoKd9D.jpg

Petunia Celebrating! 

2HGjwhZ.jpg

Katie Celebrating! 

QmEGX2H.jpg

Snickers Celebrating! 

L9M3FfV.jpg

Starz Celebrating!

BjLUXdP.jpg

Sadie Rose Celebrating! 

51Q1NV0.jpg

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

17 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

Ahhh, those faces :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart  French fry bliss!

although, Conner preferred Sonic tater tots :rolleyes:

I looked for pics of Conner and Val having fries but don't have those pics in my online vault. I will have to dig and see if I have any. 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

3 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Mark and LaVida are carrying on Rocket's tradition here. They always check to see if I have a McD's bag for them when I walk in the door. 

We will be celebrating on Wednesday Thursday!. 

XfoKd9D.jpg

Rocket :wub:

Fixed that for you, too! I'm a fixer, although Mark and LaVida wouldn't mind back-to-back fry days! Oh wait, wot have I done!! :lol

Fry Day is on Thursday!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Fixed that for you, too! I'm a fixer, although Mark and LaVida wouldn't mind back-to-back fry days! Oh wait, wot have I done!! :lol

Fry Day is on Thursday!

Mark and LaVida said they can start early if they want to....:rotfl 

Oh wait - it does say Wednesday in the first post. I guess we need to do both days just to clear up any confusion. :chow

32 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

Mark and LaVida said they can start early if they want to....:rotfl 

Oh wait - it does say Wednesday in the first post. I guess we need to do both days just to clear up any confusion. :chow

The campers are also lobbying for doing both days, just to be sure :lol

List of National French Fry Day 2023 deals on Thursday, July 13

4 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Fry Day is on Thursday!

So ... you start on Wednesday as per the original post, continue on Thursday, which is the "correct" day, and then carry on until FryDay Friday. :chow 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

On 7/10/2023 at 12:28 PM, Time4ANap said:

We will be celebrating on Wednesday. 

XfoKd9D.jpg

Petunia Celebrating! 

2HGjwhZ.jpg

Katie Celebrating! 

QmEGX2H.jpg

Snickers Celebrating! 

L9M3FfV.jpg

Starz Celebrating!

BjLUXdP.jpg

Sadie Rose Celebrating! 

51Q1NV0.jpg

WOW WHAT WONDERFUL PICTURES!!!!! And the man himself! -look at his eyes on the fries -thats intensity!!!!!!!!!  Do you mind if I save it to my photos?  It may be a little thing but I so enjoy remembering Rocket on what has to be one of his favorite days and hope others enjoy it to.  There is nothing like the love of those big greyhounds hearts. It is eternal. :beatheart

On 7/10/2023 at 8:39 PM, GreyPoopon said:

So ... you start on Wednesday as per the original post, continue on Thursday, which is the "correct" day, and then carry on until FryDay Friday. :chow 

EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!!! There can never be too many fries and some are bound to be left over for the post celebration!

14 hours ago, racindog said:

WOW WHAT WONDERFUL PICTURES!!!!! And the man himself! -look at his eyes on the fries -thats intensity!!!!!!!!!  Do you mind if I save it to my photos?  It may be a little thing but I so enjoy remembering Rocket on what has to be one of his favorite days and hope others enjoy it to.  There is nothing like the love of those big greyhounds hearts. It is eternal. :beatheart

EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!!! There can never be too many fries and some are bound to be left over for the post celebration!

Feel free to save any of the pictures! Thanks. 

The McDonalds commercial about free fries tomorrow through the phone app just ran here. Must be a sign. :headbang

:food Yep-thats definitely a sign! And Mickey D's fries are rated #1 in consumer taste test.  You might even think about some burgers to go with them while your there :chow :yinyang. I'm going to the grocery today and getting a big bag to cook at home. The doggos will be :yay.

And a grand time was had by all! You can't go wrong with some delicious french fries! And Octane tickled me because as soon as he finished his fries he went into the kitchen and found the leftovers! :rofl Thats what you call survival instinct. :rotfl The other 2 "smart" dogs didn't think about checking for leftovers :hehe

OCTANE2018MH001small3.jpg

2023RocketsFFDSM.jpg