My dogsitter friend got a returned greyhound and I'm so happy!

So I'm in Spain and get an email from the former Melbourne, FL rescue organization founders. They have a returned 5-year-old female greyhound, Possum, which happens rarely now that racing is banned in Florida. I immediately forwarded the email to my dogsitter friend who is taking care of my house and rescued beagle along with her male hound mix. I also emailed the rescue lady to send the email to my friend in case she isn't on their mailing list.

My friend lost two greyhounds recently, one last November and the other in May.( I wrote tributes to both dogs). She decided to try to adopt Possum and was accepted over one other application as they had two greyhounds and she now had none. Possum is a real sweetie and settled right in. 

I am so happy for my friend and Possum! Perhaps if I'd been home I might have been tempted to adopt Possum, but after Sheba's passing last December, I decided I need a smaller dog since I'm now 78.

My little beagle Fiona is a very timid girl and still hasn't come out of her shell after adopting her in January. She, however, loves Possum, as she did my friend's other greyhound, so we will visit each other, plus I will keep Possum when my friend travels, and vice versa. It was meant to be.... 

Yay! Congratulations!!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.