Broken humerus

Pete

Dammit. I am so, so sorry. Please try not to second-guess yourself. You did everything you could for her, but this disease is just so evil and relentless.

Rest well, Fiona. You will be loved always.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:bighug

You did everything you could possibly have done. Fiona knew how much she was loved.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

This is the absolute worst part of having these strong, beautiful creatures in our lives -- when we have to let them go.  Ultimately, nothing you could have done or not done would have changed the outcome.  As the poem and play titles say, your arm's too short to box with God.

May Fiona's spirit run with the wind.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Thanks for the support.  We’re completely devastated.  She was doing so well and then last few days took a turn down.  Fluid in chest around the lungs, an abnormality on the breastbone and “unusual” specks in lungs.  Just a few weeks ago she had a “clean” x ray.  Dr. Cuoto speculates it’s metastic osteo to the thorax. I was looking for coughs or lethargic change or loss of appetite.  None of those happened.  Chest filled with fluid is what she got, pain from the squeeze.  We could have drained it but vet said it’s likely to come back just as fast.  I surely thought we’d have more time. We spent so much good time together and I have no regrets about that.  Fiona was amazing and still had years of life left.  Just heartbreaking to see her leave.  Just sitting here now where she usually is, shocked at it all.  

I am so terribly sorry to hear this.  Rest well sweet Fiona. You've left a lot of broken hearts.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so sorry. :cry1    You did what was best for her.   We lost one of our greys to osteo too.    This disease is relentless!   Run pain free Fiona!   :gh_run2

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

• 2 weeks later...