Ideas for waterproofing dog beds?

Am looking for ideas on waterproofing our existing dog beds. I've purchased waterproof outer covers and/or liners before, with limited success on those being truly waterproof. I've used shower curtains as the liner by just wrapping those around the inner foam. That worked better. Was just wondering if anyone had a better idea. Has anyone tried the wash-in waterproofing products meant for outdoor gear?

If you're wondering why, it is because we have had repeat problems with dogs or a certain cat peeing on the beds. (Not Tasty Kitty. She's far too discerning for that.) We seem to always have at least one senior pet with intermittent accidents. I'm fine with frequently washing the covers, but don't want to deal with washing the whole bed that often. Nor am I up for purchasing expensive new beds that Sunita, "The Princess and the Pea" Greyhound, will refuse to use. "Oh, whoa is I. I must lay here on the uncomfortable carpet because the humans won't give me an acceptable bed. Pity me." She will seriously get up repeatedly, sigh, spin in a circle, lay down on carpet near the naked, uncovered bed, sigh some more, get up, stare at me, sigh yet again, spin again, lay down again with a harumph, and lather, rinse, repeat until her currently desired bed, always the one needing washing, is once again recovered and restored to an acceptable level. Ugh! If you think the dog bed issue sounds annoying, you should try feeding Miss Picky Pants. But good heavens, I adore this little girl! She's totally worth it.

There are spray-on products for horse blankets...not sure how well they work. And if the bed gets peed on yuou'll still have to wash the cover.

I'd just try lining the insides of the bed with a large garbage bag.

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

If you need to replace the foam, you could do so with one made to dry fast.  Typically used in outdoor cushions but should work for accidents where the foam gets wet. 

https://www.foambymail.com/SHREDBAG-D/shredded-dryfast-foam.html

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Grace likes her raised dog bed covered with vet bedding.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

I bought a couple of water proof mattress covers and put them on the dog beds under the regular covers. That way I just end up washing the bed cover and not the innards. 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I don't have any good advice, but Sunita sounds so much like my dear departed Lila! Gotta love those demanding princess girls!

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

No expertise, but

"Oh, whoa is I. I must lay here on the uncomfortable carpet because the humans won't give me an acceptable bed. Pity me." 

:lol

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter