Bathouse in yard with greyhounds?

smt

Hello, we are considering installing a bathhouse in the rear of our yard.  Any thoughts on whether or not this is a good idea, given bat guano will inevitably fall on the ground around the pole.  Our Bette loves to eat anything exotic.  Not sure if this would be the equivalent of having lots of birds around who poop in yards, or if there is something more to be concerned about re: the guano.  Ideally we would like a large colony (250+), but may opt for a smaller house to attract a smaller colony.  There are tons of bats in our neighborhood and we would love to offer them a home.

We are talking to batman (yes, there is a man in our neighborhood who removes bats from houses and installs bat houses) to see if this will be an option.  The bat house has to be more than 20 feet away from the closest trees bc of predators, and I am not sure our unfenced area will meet that requirement.  I hope it will, bc that would be my preference.

• 4 weeks later...

it takes years for bats to inhabit a man made bat house. from what i have read they often like houses attached to your house- no thanks- i already had bats in my covered walkway entrance to the garage.  my dogs never looked at the bat guano when they were active.  it's great garden fertilizer.

I keep reading the title of this post as 'bath house' and wondering if the concern is the hound being bothered by naked people traipsing through the yard. :blush :omg :lol 

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

5 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

I keep reading the title of this post as 'bath house' and wondering if the concern is the hound being bothered by naked people traipsing through the yard. :blush :omg :lol 

I am glad I am not the only one who keeps seeing bath house :lol Even though I know better :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Jerilyn said:

Same! :ph34r

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart