Healthy Paws

racindog

So after what ya'll told me about how great HP has treated you I broke down and actually submitted a claim on Gilly Boy as I had to take him to the vet since he was limping. After x-rays it turns out thankfully it is arthritis. Anyway just wanted ya'll to know I submitted it on September 5. It is listed in my account claims record as "submitted." I have heard NOTHING. I finally decided I would email them and ask them what gives as I figure if I don't I'll never hear anything -and now I really would like to know what kind of a line they plan to feed me. I have no idea how they can be so responsive to some people and then I can't even get them to process my paperwork much less pay anything toward a infrequent claim. Oh well. Now that I have emailed them MAYBE they will respond. Tomorrow will be 10 days since I submitted it. :dunno PS-Before you ask it is not the first claim and they have super complete med records on him to include the much hearlded "doctors notes" from the time I first adopted him as I had him examined even though it was not required so that it was officially noted in his records that he had NO pre-existing conditions or anything. Vet notes attesting to that they also have.

If it's not the first claim, how long have the other claims taken?

(I'm about to submit a $1,000+ bill to them for my boy...)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

If it makes you feel any better, I submitted a claim the day after you in the 6th and haven't received anything yet either.

If you're concerned, give them a call, too. I've had good luck with that.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

If it makes you feel any better, I submitted a claim the day after you in the 6th and haven't received anything yet either.

If you're concerned, give them a call, too. I've had good luck with that.

Yeah it does. :nod Maybe it just takes them a much longer time now that they are so big and prosperous. I remember when they first began claims used to be settled in days instead of weeks. Oh well. meh. I am not going to bother calling. It is what it is.

I have had claims take a few days, and others take 2-3 weeks. The longest it ever took was 3 weeks. It depends on their processing load, and also your vet's response time for updated records (they need the doctor's notes from the visit you are claiming). I'm cool with it because they are clear about what they cover and they've never denied anything I thought should be claimable; and they've paid things I didn't expect to be claimable. They are always super friendly on the phone.

I have no idea where Healthy Paws headquarters is located, but perhaps Hurricane Irma and aftermath in many states is causing a delay. Patience.

I think they are in the Washington State.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Also, from talking to them, it apparently takes longer for claims submitted by app than by e-mail. I assume because of case load, as more people use the app? But yes, I have seen some wildly fluctuating times on claims as well. The good thing is that they DO pay, and pay what they say they will.

77f6598d-2.jpg

My blog about helping Katie learn to be a more normal dog: http://katies-journey-philospher77.blogspot.com/

Also, from talking to them, it apparently takes longer for claims submitted by app than by e-mail. I assume because of case load, as more people use the app? But yes, I have seen some wildly fluctuating times on claims as well. The good thing is that they DO pay, and pay what they say they will.

Not always. It depends on if you are one of the lucky ones. For e.g. I did just now finally get back a response. I had submitted 2 invoices because both trips were the same issue and they were close together time wise. They DID in fact apply the 2nd invoice to my deductible as they should have-which did surprise me. They totally ignored the first invoice. Why? Perhaps they correctly surmised that they could get away with it . There was of course no explanation on why it was ignored and I am so surprised and grateful that they at least responded to the 2nd one that of course I will, in fact, 'go away' and move on. Just because they have been professional and efficient to you don't mean they have been that way to everybody. I am happy for those that have luck with them. I have no idea why they have been so difficult for me. I was one of their first clients who signed up with them several several years ago when they first started. I have never had anything even approaching a large claim on any of the many dogs I had insured with them. And btw I did use email, not the app. There really would be no point to me having the app since they have been so unreliable to me and it is so rare for me to even submit a claim. It would just be bloatware to me :) I only filed this last claim on a whim. meh.

Edited by racindog

They are now offering direct deposit as a way to pay claims!

:yay I have been waiting for this. It is the one major improvement I thought they needed to make. The longest thing for me was the wait to get the checks after they finished my claim, and frankly with the number we get because of Violet's PT depositing all if them is a pain in the arse.

RacingDog, I don't understand why you don't just cancel your policy if you are so unsatisfied and convinced they won't pay out. And honestly it seems like you just want to prove a point. It would be easy to investigate why they appear to have only responded to one receipt. The first step would be to log into your account online and look at your claims. Typically each receipt is a separate claim and they don't always get processed at the same speed, even if they were submitted at the same time. So you might very well see one is completed and one is not and have your answer. The other possibility is that they never got the other receipt. If you don't see a claim associated with it at all then that is likely what happened. I have had this happen before, or the receipt went through, but wasn't readable for instance. They'll contact me in those cases, but if they never got it then they wouldn't know to contact you, would they?

While I have been very satisfied with how they process things, they arent perfect, mistakes get made. So I always keep tabs on what I've submitted and once approved I check that they'be reimbursed me properly. On the rare occasion when theres been a mistake I follow up with them. I don't get online and badmouth them. Honestly, to imagine that a company is for some reason singling you out for mistreatment is bizarre.

Edited by NeylasMom

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I broke down and gave them a call Monday as I hadn't heard anything about my claim submitted on the 6th. They told me they had it, there wasn't a problem, they had just been slammed. I finally received confirmation that they received it today. I've never had them be so slow. At least they have it and it's going through. I think I'll be getting it via direct deposit!

I broke down and gave them a call Monday as I hadn't heard anything about my claim submitted on the 6th. They told me they had it, there wasn't a problem, they had just been slammed. I finally received confirmation that they received it today. I've never had them be so slow. At least they have it and it's going through. I think I'll be getting it via direct deposit!

Was the same here. It was the first time they had ever been so slow and it irritated me that I had to contact them to determine whether or not there was any issues that needed addressing since it was taking so long.

Was the same here. It was the first time they had ever been so slow and it irritated me that I had to contact them to determine whether or not there was any issues that needed addressing since it was taking so long.

I have way bigger issues to get bunched up over, I just wanted to make sure it was in the pipeline.