Milkbone Dental Chews

When we got Odin, we brought him to our vet for a well check up. The vet said his back teeth will need a dental, but, since he was new to our home, give him a chance to get settled.

We started buying the dental chews at BJ's. The next time we went back to the vet, he said keep doing what you are doing and Odin didn't need the dental.

We have him two years and Shine three years, and, neither has had to have a dental since we have them. You can only give one chew a day and we only give it to them when we leave the house for a while. I do buy the medium and not the large dog size. I think, because, when we first started buying them, medium was the only size they had in BJ's. So, I would say that we are pleased.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We use them too, and they love them. I buy the medium size too, instead of the large. I give it to them after breakfast each day and we are very happy with the results.

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Yes! Fabulous. Works pretty good on teeth, although Ryder is done his within about 5 minutes. The best thing is it doesn't make him sick and no D. I do however find them excessively packaged and expensive and only buy them if I see them on sale.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

A bit expensive and they have chicken in them, so we don't buy them very often, but they seem like they work as well as any of the commercial dental chews available. Greenies, Busy Bones, Dentasticks are all brands we have used in the past with good results. My non-chicken eater uses Whimzee brand chews.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Thanks all.

I bought a box of 30 large size at Sam's for $15.00.

I'll see how they do.

I guess that is about right. I pay $13.99 in BJ's for 40 medium. Let us know how they like them.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Johnny has no problem making these and Greenies disappear in record time (he gets large ones!). We've also done Minities and Whimzees (the big toothbrush shaped ones take a little longer due to their size and hardness).

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Turns out the minis last about 1 minute longer than any milk bone type biscuit/cookie. Pretty cute to watch him keep trying to crack it and chew like a cookie....kinda like giving a huge gumball/gobstopper to a kid that can't quite break it down for the first minute.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

We ended up changing to the Virbac chews because our guy doesn't chew dental treats enough to pass through his digestive system. With the milk bone dental chews, he ate such big pieces that he would end up vomiting them back up the next morning.