Total Extraction

Guest Duke

I am so beside myself right now, my Duke went in for a dental and canine extractions. I just received a call that they need to extract all of his remaining teeth. He has already had two prior dentals with extractions. Please share with me quality of life when they have all teeth removed.

They're fine. Soak their kibble to make it soft. It shouldn't slow him down at all.

And know: No more scary dentals. No more gum infections. No more pain from bad teeth.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

He will be fine. Trevor, at age 10.5, lost all but his four canines and two random toofers. He's going to be 12 on June and is my best eater. He initially needed soft food for a while but now I don't soak his kibble, just wet it a bit. Just keep your eyes on the sutures. Trev had a mouthful of blanket stitch. He will be fine.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Our Paulie lost 27 in one shot; eventually had just two teeth left. He ate fine. I did soak his kibble after each meal so there was always a meal waiting for him. He ate soft biscuits and he even kept his tongue in his mouth. We miss our sweet Paulie a lot.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I sent a six year old cat in for a dental once and he ended up having only his tiny front teeth and his canines! SIX YEARS OLD! Siamese cats have the same periodontal issues as greyhounds. Anyway, the cat was just fine. He ate kibbles on day one home from the vet. Most critters don't seem to chew their kibble much to start with. He'll be fine!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

He is still recouping at the vet; they are waiting to see if he'll eat then he might come home tonight. Miss him so much and it's only been a day without him. I feel comforted by the support of all the toothless.

How is Duke doing tonight?

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thank you for asking, he came home last night and ate for us! He took his pills with cheese and is resting comfortably. The recovery is so much better than I anticipated. Happy to have him home :beatheart

:yay:wub:

Glad to hear Duke is recovering well. No teeth, no worries. You will be amazed at how tough their gums are.

Penny lost all of her teeth and would chew milk bones. Soft treats she turned her nose up, milk bones, bring it on.

Yardman only had his 4 canines from age 7 to 14. He ate everything, preferred the softer foods, but loved raw meaty bones.

KC currently only has his 4 canine nubs and upper and lower incisors. He's going to be toothless eventually. He will eat anything.

So glad that he's recovering well. His mouth has probably been hurting him for awhile, and I bet that he'll love having that irritation gone forever!

we do need pictures of his sweet 'smile' when you get some! :D

I'd attach one if only I could figure out how!