A Dog's Last Will And Testament

XTRAWLD

It's why I brought home Jane a week ago--on November 2, one week after I lost Silver on October 27. Jane is an 8-year-old brood bitch who'd been in a foster home since July with no inquiries. She's already sailed through her first meet and greet, picked her favorite Slumberball, taught me how she likes her kibble, and flirted with the neighbors she meets on walks.

The people who overlooked her because of her age have missed their chance.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Thank you for posting this. Also, KF, thank you for taking a lovely senior dog into your home and heart!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

So very true.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Yes, I've seen this, and it brought me to tears again. I have so struggled with losing Desi, thought a million times I'd never be able to "settle" for less than

his perfectness. Never say never. I'm going to pick up a 10 yo field trial hound on Monday. The thought of 10 years worth of "field" habits to try to break is

daunting & scary, but the thought of him living on a chain (or worse) at 11 & 12 is giving me courage.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.