PatricksMom Posted July 19, 2016 Share Posted July 19, 2016 (edited) So my vet who allegedly has after hours service is flaking out, and last time I took Leo to the evet it was a disaster, so I'm reluctant to take him in if it's not necessary, but what do you think? • Dh and I finally got home tonight and realized between us Leo has been throwing up on and off all day • No distended abdomen, no pain when palpated • Pooping and urinating • Acting normally • Throwing up on occasion isn't abnormal for him • It's not likely he ate something he shouldn't have, but it's not impossible either. Do you think it's okay to wait until tomorrow for an X-ray / barium study or should I try my luck with the e-vet tonight, assuming nothing changes? If we don't take him in tonight, I'm definitely withholding food, thoughts on withholding small amounts of water? He currently can handle a small amount of water, free access causes throwing up. Thank you eta: otherwise a healthy, 6 year old. Edited July 19, 2016 by PatricksMom Quote Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.