Just Asking For Prayers

sending good thoughts

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes! Thankfully King did ok overnight and this morning. Our vet does acupuncture so, while pricey, we were able to do that for both of them this morning. It seems to have helped King as he's moving around a little better. It is likely still a neurological problem for him but we'll do what we can to keep him moving and comfortable. On the plus side Dazie's chest xray was clear so the cancer hasn't spread. It looks like the greyhound health initiative isn't currently offering free carboplatin but we're going to write to them to see. Out vet also offers a new therapy for dogs that has been used in people called glucose metabolic inhibitor. We'll see what we can work out for her. Thanks again for all the prayers, we're ok for now.

Edited by KingsMom
gallery_16678_2973_7526.jpg

TNT Star Wars X Oshkosh Enigma King's Pedigree
King's sisters: Oshkosh Updraft, Dazie and forever in our hearts Oshkosh Ultra, Lily (3/7/03-2/18/13)

Just a side note...hypericum -a homeopathic- is totally awesome in helping with neurological conditions and pain. i learned about it from my holistic vet and it noticibly helped several of my houndies particularly in their old age. The strength was 200C and we got the tincture and only needed to put a few drops in their mouth-easy.

http://homeopathyworks.com/

has it.

Edited by racindog

It looks like the greyhound health initiative isn't currently offering free carboplatin but we're going to write to them to see.

Why isn't the carboplatin free?

http://greyhoundhealthinitiative.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/GHI-Carbo-Policy-10.04.2015.pdf

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015