Interceptor Not Returning To Market

Thanks to Taylor and Face's dad for sending me this info. For those of us awaiting the return of Interceptor to the market, it's apparently not going to happen.

Apparently Interceptor will not be manufactured for the US market any longer. Only Sentinel Flavor Tabs will be available. I hate marketing decisions.

Here's the article: If this is a repost, I missed it the first time around, but didn't find anything on a search.

http://veterinarynews.dvm360.com/dvm/Parasitology+Center/Sentinel-Flavor-Tabs-reintroduced-to-veterinary-ma/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/810830?contextCategoryId=40534

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I can still get it here (Canada), but only in the size which is appropriate for my whippet. For the greyhounds I need to give them two of those to achieve their dosage requirement. The single size option makes me wonder if this will be the last year Interceptor will available here as well. Really too bad.

Thanks for posting. I still had my hopes up. Now I know to move on. Sad you can't get a whip worm preventive product without flea killer poison anymore. Thanks FDA. You'd think the Interceptor folks would be aware that there ia a significant and growing segment of the dog people that practice holistic health and don't believe in putting poisons of any kind into their dogs. I used to buy quite a bit of Interceptor but they have lost my business now because I don't use the flea killing poison containing stuff on my hounds so the sentinel stuff is not an option.

Guest sireltonsmom

Yes, that was our med. of choice. Then we went to Iverhart + and they have taken that off the market - any recommendations? I have to get Mindy's heartworm rx. filled soon.

:angry:

My vet just told me that they aren't making Sentinel anymore! :dunno:headwall Aaargh! They are selling Tri-heart now. Grrr. I'd rather buy Sentinel since it agreed with Merlin's extra sensitive tummy better than Tri-heart...

:riphair

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

My vet just told me that they aren't making Sentinel anymore! :dunno:headwall Aaargh! They are selling Tri-heart now. Grrr. I'd rather buy Sentinel since it agreed with Merlin's extra sensitive tummy better than Tri-heart...

I believe the article said they are resuming production of Sentinel, it is Iverhart that will no longer be produced for the U.S. market.

Yes, that was our med. of choice. Then we went to Iverhart + and they have taken that off the market - any recommendations? I have to get Mindy's heartworm rx. filled soon.

Well crap. I did the same thing. Sad that we can't get tabs here in the US that are safe for our dogs and prevent the internal parasites. Maybe they wern't selling enough worm medicine. I don't know what to use now but I will NOT use flea poison kind. If I can't find plain old heartworm/parasite preventative legally than I'll get it illegally but they will not force me to dose my dog with poison. Thank goodness for black markets I guess. So sad Interceptor is gone. It prevented pretty much all the worms and was safe containing no flea poisons. It has to be that they THINK they will make more money pushing it combined with the flea preventive. Oh well.

Well crap. I did the same thing. Sad that we can't get tabs here in the US that are safe for our dogs and prevent the internal parasites. Maybe they wern't selling enough worm medicine. I don't know what to use now but I will NOT use flea poison kind. If I can't find plain old heartworm/parasite preventative legally than I'll get it illegally but they will not force me to dose my dog with poison. Thank goodness for black markets I guess. So sad Interceptor is gone. It prevented pretty much all the worms and was safe containing no flea poisons. It has to be that they THINK they will make more money pushing it combined with the flea preventive. Oh well.

I just emailed the manufacturer. Their website says there is a Iverhart+ recall going on. Info on the contact page. Couldn't find any other info on their sale in US.

Guest undergreysspell

Sentinel is back - I just bought a 12 mo supply from Drs Foster and Smith.

Mine were on Interceptor, too, very disappointed they can't get their act together to sell it here anymore. My vet had me switch them to Heartguard. They've been taking it without any problem since Interceptor disappeared.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Heartgard Plus doesn't contain a flea/tick inhibitor. It also doesn't cope with as many internal parasites, but at least it's an option.

Except that it causes diarrhea within 24 hours in both my dogs, and in some other dogs here on Greytalk.

My guys are using Advantage Multi. It has a flea preventative as well as the heartworm preventative, but it's a topical. No one actually has to eat the stuff.

I'm hoping that the patent on Interceptor expired (or is expiring), making it possible for someone to start making a generic version.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Our vet switched Rocket to Trifexis. He threw it up the first time after about an hour, but the second time we gave it (a month later), he did fine. You MUST give it right at the end of a meal on a completely full stomach. Other than the first incident, he has done fine on it.

Will be watching to see what changes next with all of these products.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life