Trying Something New

Jeff

OK, I undid the changes. Once DNS replicates, it should be back to normal.

If not, clear your cache, as in the forum update threads. That will only help once DNS replicates so give it an hour or two before you try it.

Too bad, GT was smokin fast with the changes, and I saw no ill side effects.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I can no longer log in via Firefox, got a 503 error trying to get in from my smartphone. Had to open an IE browser to log in. Clear cache to get in via Firefox now? I don't know how to access via smartphone, though.

ETA back in on laptop via Firefox and on smartphone (Chrome).

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Happy to be able to get back on now.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thanks for undoing it!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I could log in but not reply...thanks for undoing it. I'm sure you will come up with something else but thanks for trying to improve it...I always appreciate your efforts.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I don't buy that one browser works and the other 2 didn't on the same system. Most of our problems were IP based, and those would all share the same IP.

The only 2 browsers I tested were FF and Chrome, and had no issues on multiple computers.

Also had no issues from chrome on a cell phone.

I tried getting on GT this morning and I got a message that my IP was blocked because it was a suspected Honeypot. Then I had a 503 error for much of the day.

Jayme with Pippi (the scaredy-beagle)
In the memories of all of my Bridge-babies I'd like to remind people to choose adoption--and that it's not just dogs and cats that are available!

I was denied access earlier in the day saying my IP was banned, however it wasn't my IP that was being displayed. Then probably an hour after that I was getting 503's.

Was just able to get on. When I clicked on View New Content I got:

403 Forbidden

Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior...
OR...
The action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system.

The detected reason(s) you were blocked are:
No Access. No Access.

Your IP, and Domain Name (if resolvable) has been logged to a honeypot,
along with the referring page (if any), QUERY, POST, User Agent, time of access, and date.

Please either 1. Stop the bad behavior, or 2. Cease accessing this system.

Your connection details:
Record #: 425020
Time: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 17:37:06 -0500
Running: 0.4.10a1
Host: cf-173-245-56-210.cloudflare.com
IP: 173.245.56.210
Query: app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums
Stripped Query: app=core&module=search&do=viewnewcontent&search_app=forums
Referer: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?act=idx
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Reconstructed URL: http:// forum.greytalk.com /index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Generated by ZB Block 0.4.10a1

Back- arrowed and got on again, able to view posts

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I was denied access earlier in the day saying my IP was banned, however it wasn't my IP that was being displayed. Then probably an hour after that I was getting 503's.

right, I was trying a content delivery network, so the IP listed was from the cache network.

Yeah, thats the same message I got earlier in the day. Definitely not part of my netblock!

right, I was trying a content delivery network, so the IP listed was from the cache network.

Ahh, ok.

Was just able to get on. When I clicked on View New posts I got:

403 Forbidden

Either the address you are accessing this site from has been banned for previous malicious behavior...

OR...

The action you attempted is considered to be hostile to the proper functioning of this system.

The detected reason(s) you were blocked are:

No Access. No Access.

Your IP, and Domain Name (if resolvable) has been logged to a honeypot,

along with the referring page (if any), QUERY, POST, User Agent, time of access, and date.

Please either 1. Stop the bad behavior, or 2. Cease accessing this system.

Your connection details:

Record #: 425020

Time: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 17:37:06 -0500

Running: 0.4.10a1

Host: cf-173-245-56-210.cloudflare.com

IP: 173.245.56.210

Query: app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Stripped Query: app=core&module=search&do=viewnewcontent&search_app=forums

Referer: http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?act=idx

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0

Reconstructed URL: http:// forum.greytalk.com /index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Generated by ZB Block 0.4.10a1

Back- arrowed and got on again, able to view posts

That looks like what I got when I tried Firefox, but it also said something about a honeypot (?). Then I opened IE and GT opened right up. Too bad I didn't take a screen shot and post it.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

I don't buy that one browser works and the other 2 didn't on the same system. Most of our problems were IP based, and those would all share the same IP.

The only 2 browsers I tested were FF and Chrome, and had no issues on multiple computers.

Also had no issues from chrome on a cell phone.

All I know is that I logged on from home on IE and posted in the American Idol thread at 1:11 CST this afternoon with no problems. Had no problems while people were posting on FB they couldn't get on. :dunno

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Everything works great again now. Thanks Jeff.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Whew. Glad to be back. :)

FWIW, I tried two browsers (Opera and IE8) on my home computer and neither worked. My phone (BlackBerry 9900) was OK.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

it is not a browser thing, it is an IP thing. No matter how many browsers you use on a computer, they all share the same IP unless you do something special, in which case you would already know most share the same IP

If you use a cell connection (not your shared wifi) it will be a different IP.

Yup. I get that. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)