Swollen Lymph Nodes - It Is What I Feared

High grade lymphoma is actually easier to smack into remission than other cancers. While its still a punch in the gut please don't throw in the towel just yet (Not that think you would anyway). Your baby should respond very well to the Wisconsin protocol. Just getting them on pred creates a pretty fast response. Please contact Dr Couto for his input on his recommended protocol--there may be another protocol that he would recommend or he may suggest in tweaking the CHOP protocol.

Fingers crossed for a fast remission!

I'm sorry.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:hope for remission

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so sorry, sending prayers and hoping for remission and more time w/Beanie.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

High grade lymphoma is actually easier to smack into remission than other cancers. While its still a punch in the gut please don't throw in the towel just yet (Not that think you would anyway). Your baby should respond very well to the Wisconsin protocol. Just getting them on pred creates a pretty fast response. Please contact Dr Couto for his input on his recommended protocol--there may be another protocol that he would recommend or he may suggest in tweaking the CHOP protocol.

Fingers crossed for a fast remission!

I just paid for membership through Jan 2014 and sent in a consultation inquiring what OSU's preferred chemo protocol is. The plan right now is to use I believe the modified CHOP protocol. I started the prednisone on Saturday and she will receive the vincristine tomorrow. I'm not sure if starting her will affect any changes in protocol, but I don't want to postpone treatment as her breathing is becoming more and more labored now.

my fingers are crossed and hope all goes well for her! THe earlier you start the better!

Kathy, Bo (SK's Bozo), and Angels Storm (Greys Big Storm), Grace (Rise to Glory) and Sky(Greys Sky Dove),

My dog believes I go to work for their food and treats.

Guest mirinaaronsmom

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Mojo was diagnosed with Lymphoma last year about this time and started chemo (Wisconsin protocol also) the beginning of November. He did extremely well on it and never lost his appetite or his love for life throughout. He did lose quite a bit of weight, but gained it back within the first 6 months of finishing chemo. And he's a happy, healthy guy now, although I still check his lymph nodes on a daily basis - I don't think I'll ever stop doing that.

While I was waiting for all of the test results to come back from the UW, I had the vet give him a dose of L-aspariginase, which made him feel better almost immediately. He was having trouble breathing, as I later found out was due to the cancer having spread to his lungs, and this allowed him to breath more normally and gave me a little time to make decisions. I was able to get the injectibles from OSU and that helped. Also, the prayers and good wishes of everyone in our greyhound 'family'. You're in my prayers as you make decisions and live through the process. I hope you have the same success we did.