Another Newbie To The Grey Scene...(Update Pg 2)

Guest DMBFiredancer

Guest DMBFiredancer

Thank you so much!!!! I am sure I am going to have a lot of cat / greyhound questions in the beginning! I appreciate your offer to help - I am sure I will take you up on it!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DMBFiredancer

Update: We are now living in the house we bought (our first home!!!) complete with fenced in YARD!!! We will be adopting in the beginning of July, since we will be gone most of June for 2 out of state trips. I have been so ridiculously excited (but still a little nervous about how our cat Béla will react.) I've started "nesting" months ago so that I don't have to buy everything all at once. Its so exciting! This must be how people feel when they are having babies (we are not, so I guess this is the closest will we get!)

I look forward to sharing my adventures with you guys!

I am sure I will have lots of questions along the way so thank you in advance for helping me along in this journey!

:) Debbie

Guest DMBFiredancer

1708yard.jpg

1st attempt at posting pic....

This is the new yard...minus the old owner's yellow chairs and plant stand

Picture posting worked on this end....I can see it....how about on your end?

Guest DMBFiredancer

Back yard is beautiful - only it's missing a couple of dog beds and miscellaneous stuffies!!

Oh no! I need a bed for the yard, too? Better add it to the list!! :)

Oooooh - is your kitty a lynx-point? Looks like it from your avatar pic!! I LOVE lynx points - and WILL have one some day!!

Please post pix!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest DMBFiredancer

Oooooh - is your kitty a lynx-point? Looks like it from your avatar pic!! I LOVE lynx points - and WILL have one some day!!

Please post pix!!

We believe she is a lynx-point. She was actually a stray that came to us, believe it or not. (We think her old mom and dad moved away and left her behind.) I'll be more than happy to share some pics!!!! She is the sweetest cat ever! I really hope she can handle having a grey in the house...she is used to being the queen!!! :)

7649_114405762087896_699411241_n.jpg

578982_114405715421234_2110802768_n.jpg

602292_10151409773804505_1276703906_n.jp

Guest DMBFiredancer

Awww, I love her! Definitely looks like a lynx point. :)

We have a seal point Meezer (aka, our third greyhound).

Does Meezer get along with the 2 greys? Who did you have first?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DMBFiredancer

Filled out the application online today! Exciting first step! The beginning of July is our target time to bring him or her home (only because we are gone a lot of June.) I will keep you all posted on progress along the way! Wooooooo!!!!!

Does Meezer get along with the 2 greys? Who did you have first?

Yes, Meez loves the dogs. He's pretty much our third greyhound. We had the dogs first, but I don't think it matters as long as their personalities are a good match. :)

Guest saucyalysoon

We have two flame point Siamese cats that were here first. Took a couple weeks, but they were completely fine with our grey after that. Charlie is constantly in Breeze's face trying to see what kind of treat she has and she could care less. Can't wait to hear all the updates when you get your dog.

Debbie, your kitty is gorgeous- and so is your yard! I am sure you will easily find a cat-safe grey. It's so exciting getting your first grey! :yay You will find lots of greyt information here on GT too. Make sure you post lots of pictures when the big day arrives!

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Guest DMBFiredancer

Home visit today by the adoption group!!!! I am sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish we didn't have to wait until July, but I guess our late honeymoon to Hawaii (4 years late) and trip to see family in NJ have to get done!

:ghplaybow :ghplaybow :ghplaybow :ghplaybow :ghplaybow :ghplaybow :ghplaybow :ghplaybow

If I was a dog, my tail would be wagging all month until July...then I am sure wagging even more once he arrives!!!!!!!!!

Guest DMBFiredancer

Home visit went very well! :) They brought over Cherish, who was an absolute sweetheart!

4601e587-f418-4f30-9b7e-05742055b571_zps

Bela (our cat) finally came down the stairs during the last 5 minutes and just stood halfway down the stairs - no puff-tail or anything, just stared like, "WHO is THIS?" I take that as a good sign that she didn't high tail it up the stairs and hide under the bed :) I wish we could have kept Cherish, but she has not been fostered with a cat (we said that we preferred a dog that was fostered with a cat if possible.) Also, we still have to wait until July, so I am sure someone will scoop up Cherish in no time!

I thought I really wanted a male until I spent time with Cherish and another female a few months ago. Now I have no preference.

Brindle is my color of choice, but will still keep my mind open to other colors to find the perfect match.

So excited for the next parts of our journey!

Back to NESTING!!!!!

Edited by DMBFiredancer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DMBFiredancer

The waiting is HARD! I am ready to look at fosters...the adoption agency is looking into any that fit our needs. It's been 2 days that they started looking and I am so anxious for the day to come! I can't wait to even start meeting the dogs! July 2 is the earliest we can bring one home since we are away next week but it feels like it is so far away LOL!

Guest Addie

What a wonderful turn of events to have such a nice new landlord! We had to buy a house because no one would rent to us with big dogs.

Guest DMBFiredancer

What a wonderful turn of events to have such a nice new landlord! We had to buy a house because no one would rent to us with big dogs.

The landlord didn't turn out to be so nice when they gave us 60 days notice so they could remodel and charge $1200 more in rent...best thing ever because it motivated us to finally buy, too! :)

Welcome! I have not been claimed by a grey yet but I've been lurching here for awhile. Both book are great. I got them both for my Nook and have read them. Im actually started reading them now a second time to read for enjoyment instead of for learning. Good luck to being claimed by a greyhound I can't wait to be!!!