Another Newbie To The Grey Scene...(Update Pg 2)

Guest DMBFiredancer

Congrats on the new home and putting in your app. As others have said, you will just have to watch the cat/dog interactions for awhile. I had a cat when I adopted my first grey and then added a second grey a couple years later. That kitty passed in December 2010 and it took me until November 2012 before I adopted my current kitty. This kitty obviously wasn't around dogs in her previous home, but she is settling in and while she likes Zelda, she's still scared that Zelda will run her over...I never thought Zelda would run anyone/anything over, until yesterday when she crashed into my calf (first time in 5 1/2 years that she's done that)...so now I can see why Carmel runs. When I'm not dogsitting, it's just the girls home alone and since Zelda is so trustworthy (inside only), I leave her without a muzzle and there are plenty of places for Carmel to hide if she so chooses...

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a greyhound and coming to GT changed my life. I miss having greyhound A LOT. Congrats on finding this fine group of people.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest DMBFiredancer

"The waiting is the hardest part...."

Had one foster come over last week (brindle boy I fell in love with) but he was TOO interested in Bela. They had another they thought might be a good match, but after talking to the foster dad, she is still a puppy (I prefer a more laid back adult.)

So, its back to waiting....

There are a few hounds that are in foster homes now through the group I am working with and I am just waiting for them to get better profiles on them to see if there is a good match. The waiting feels like torture, though!

Hopefully soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DMBFiredancer

She is finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New thread is in "Everything Greyhound" Her name is Grace and I am in LOVE!!!!!! :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart

image.jpg