Donald Westover - President Of Northern Greyhound Adoptions

ChiliDog

Donald L. Westover, Sr, 66, passed away Sunday May 20, 2012, at his home with his loving family at his side following an extended illness.

He had an outstanding love for greyhounds. Donald was a proud member, sponsor and President of Northern Greyhound Adoptions. He has been at Pet Food Warehouses door for many years bringing his beloved rescue dogs in search of new homes.

Family, friends and their beloved greyhounds are invited to a celebration of life gathering at the St. Pierre residence, 262 Route # 36 in Fairfield on Saturday, May 26, 2012, from 2 to 5 p.m. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Northern Greyhound Adoptions, 999 Fairfax Rd, St. Albans, VT 05478.

Rest in Peace Donald - I know there were countless numbers of hounds there to meet you at the Bridge!

My condolensces to all....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I am very sad to read this. Donald will be missed by his family and the Greyhound community.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

My condolences to all who loved him. He sounds like he joins a special club at the bridge. Godspeed Donald! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

He will be missed. My sincere condolences to all who loved him.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

My sincere sympathies to all of you at Northern Greyhounds and to Dorothy and her family.

Deb

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Please give my heartfelt condolences to Dorothy and her family, as well as all the staff and volunteers at the kennel.

Nancy

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vers

Don was one of the kindest, gentlest people I've ever known. He was a true friend to greyhounds for so many years and he and his wife have had a real partnership in helping greyhounds find homes. It really hurts my heart that he's left -- he's one you would hope would live forever. Deepest condolences to his wife and family. Don will be very much missed, but I have no doubt that there are scores and scores of greyhounds to welcome him.

Bless you, Don. You made a wonderful difference to so very many. We will miss you.