Say Hello To Rocky!

revamp

what a handsome boy!!!!! :yay :yay :yay

are you going through GPA-Wisconsin by chance? :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Rocky came home yesterday and OMG is he perfect! Gentle and loving with the kids, playful and goofy and gets along with our mutt (although funnily enough, our mutt LOVED Rocky when he first came over yesterday but as time has progressed and I guess it's clear Rocky is more than just a play date, Rascal is becoming an obnoxious and nippy jerk)

Rocky ignores the cats, he whines to go out, he responds to his name and a simple "ah-ah!" will stop him in his tracks, no matter what he's been doing (like sniffing at a houseplant or the kitchen counters). And although I was prepared for the notorious greyhound-gas and big-D, he's only farted twice that I've noticed and any unpleasantness faded quickly (lol!) his poos are also well formed. (I'm sure you all wanted to know all that). He's got no aggression at all--not with his bed, his crate, his space, his food, his toys. He doesn't mind his feet being handled or his ears being played with. The vacuum was simply a curiosity to him. The boy from Texas even loves the snow!

The only problem?? This is only his 2nd day here and every time I get up off the couch he wakes up and Velcros to me. Therefore, I feel guilty getting up because I don't want to disturb him so I haven't been doing anything around the house--I even delay trips to the bathroom!

Now more pics!

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

And one of Rascal pouting:

IMG_2035.jpg

~Amanda

What a greyt dog!!! :yay Congratulations!

The only problem?? This is only his 2nd day here and every time I get up off the couch he wakes up and Velcros to me. Therefore, I feel guilty getting up because I don't want to disturb him so I haven't been doing anything around the house--I even delay trips to the bathroom!

If this is your only problem you are good to go! That velcro stuff, it's a greyhound thing. Get used to, it but they'll make you :crazy:lol

:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

what a handsome boy!!!!! :yay :yay :yay

are you going through GPA-Wisconsin by chance? :)

I spoke to GPA-Wisconsin but I ultimately adopted through GreyhoundsOnly in Chicago.

another greyt group! :) :) :)

he is a CUTIE PIE!!!!! LOVE those roachy-roachy boys :) congrats again!!! (and Rascal is a cutie too! :))

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

:rolleyes: He is just beautiful!!!! Best wishes for a wonderful long lifetime of joy with Rocky.

By the way, as far as the velcro thing...I am amazed at how often I decide not to move because the boys will be disturbed! I look at it as a great diet technique...everytime I think of dragging myself off the couch to head to the fridge, I remind myself that I don't want to disturb the kids.... :lol

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Almost a week home with us and he is just such a lovely, wonderful, perfect boy! He's so awesome I'm both inspired to immediately get another greyhound and also afraid to get another grey thinking no one could possibly be as perfect as Rocky. :)

Rocky is a bit of a collector, though...he especially likes footwear, blankets, small pillows, coasters, anything to do with knitting (the wife knits), wallets, and hats of any kind. It makes me laugh!

I would take pictures except I catch him 1 or 2 items into his hoard and take them away before he builds it up any further.

~Amanda

He's gorgeous. Glad to hear he's settled in so quickly. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Everything in your world sounds just about perfect!!

Congratulations!

:)

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

He continues to do great--got his first bath (tolerated it), ear cleaning (didn't mind one bit), nail dremeling (such a good boy!), and vet visit (she loves him too!) in the last two days. We went to Petsmart for the first time (I posted another thread on that) and he was a superstar. We also had our first naughtiness today when he hiked his leg and watered down the refrigerator! Dunno what was up with that, maybe all the excitement today? Maybe for some reason I was distracted and missed his signs that he needed out (although he had been out within an hour prior to the event). Weird, an easy cleanup but now I have to say he's practically perfect.

:)

~Amanda

How are Rascal and Rocky doing now? I hope that, like most dogs, Rascal will come to appreciate canine company even if he does steal some of the human attention.

There's a running joke that adoption groups always ensure that someone's first grey is perfect, just to lure them into adopting more. ;)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter