Prairie Coon Rex 5/11/97 - 12/28/11

Guest budsmom

Guest budsmom

On Wednesday, I lost a part of my heart when we sent Rex to the bridge. He was the sweetest, most perfect cat I've ever known and my feline soul mate. From the day he came home at 8 weeks old to the day he died, he was perfect.

When we brought you home, our 2 other cats weren't happy, and weren't nice to you. You never fought back or hurt them in any way, even when you were an adult and twice their size. You never destroyed anything, never hissed, never scratched anyone or anywhere. When we brought Bud home, you took it in stride. They sniffed and decided they would mutually ignore each other. Then, 6 months later, Twiz came home and you were still unfazed, a perfect gentleman. Two years after that, the ultimate annoyance, a new kitten who was into everything and considered you her personal toy. When she attacked your tail or pounced on your head you just shook her off and walked away. Then, this summer, I found a lump on your left leg,it was cancer. Through all the treatment, poking, prodding, x-rays, baths and other indignities, you were still a gentleman. Never anything other than a few nasty words about what was being done to you. Everyone at the vet clinic loved you and knew what a special boy you were. Letting you go was the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but I loved you too much to keep you with me and watch you waste away. I'll love you and miss you every day of my life.

on my lap - in his favorite spot

DSC00038-1.jpg

my furry gentleman

DSC00306-1.jpg

my handsome boy

DSC00231.jpg

What an amazing (and amazingly handsome) fellow. I'm so sorry he couldn't stay longer with you.

Godspeed, Rex.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a handsome gentleman love, and your tribute is touching. I am deeply sorry for your loss and hope the love you shared for so many years brings you some comfort soon. Rex was very fortunate to be loved by you.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He had to leave much too soon.

Godspeed Rex.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I've known the love of a heart kitty and the pain of losing it. RIP Rex.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest starr511

What a beautiful kitty Rex was. I am very sorry for your loss. f_yellow It is never easy loosing a beloved pet. They get to be like one of the family.

Rex looked just like our Maine coon. Your message has me in tears as I remember my Sox. :brokenheart

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rex was a gorgeous kitteh & sounds like he was an old soul. They do make the best kittehs. I'm sorry it was his time to leave you. Godspeed Rex! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so sorry... he's beautiful. Looks a lot like my Merlin (1/2 Maine Coon)

Rex - run free of pain at the bridge...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge