Malibu

Guest BSM

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh nooo, I am so very sorry. :grouphug Such a beautiful boy.

Godspeed Malibu :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss, and the dreadful shock of losing him so suddenly :grouphug .

Rest in peace, Malibu, loved and remembered always.

:f_red:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart:f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Oh Eliza, I'm so sorry. I'm shocked and heartbroken for you and Dave. Seems like just yesterday he'd just come home.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was absolutely gorgeous.

Godspeed Malibu.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Malibu was a beautiful boy & I'm sorry it was his time to leave you. Godspeed Malibu! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest happygrey

:( So terribly sorry for your sudden loss of a great friend. What a wonderful picture you were able to get of him.

:f_white

ETA: The photos you have of Malibu and Skyy together in your thread about Skyy are just breathtaking.

So sorry. :(

Edited by happygrey

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Today has been very hard. Our first grey, Bailey, used to sleep snuggled up against me every night. When she passed Malibu took her place and was *the best* snuggler. When I woke this morning no one was keeping me warm and comfy. It hurt so much. No one waited for me while I took a shower. Nobody's barked at me yet today and nobody probably will. Our foster dog found a family and (if everything works out) will probably be leaving us later this week too. I'm happy for him and I know I don't want to keep him but I'm dreading having only one dog in the house. It will just seem so empty. I am certain we'll get more/other dogs in the future but I just never thought there would be a time when we only had one.

But I want to remember all of the wonderful things about Malibu

CRW_7999_RJ.jpg

sniffing his sister at the adoption kennel when we first met him. We went on Christmas Eve and he was goofy even then. The kennel folks opened his crate and he jumped out and literally bounced up and down the aisle teasing all of the other dogs because he was out and they were not. He needed to be herded into the turn out area to come say hi to us. When Skyy saw him she went 'gggrrrrwoof!' and that was that. She thought it was her responsiblity to keep him in line all the time. She would bark at him if she felt he was acting up and she would drag him around by the collar everywhere they went. And he loved it and loved her.

7.jpg

First run at the dog park. He was a rough and tumble boy (we were waiting on a more masculine coat when this photo was taken).

CRW_8679_RJ.jpg

Being chased by Skyy

mal.jpg

And leading Bailey on a chase.

CRW_5333_RJ.jpg

Mali-roooooooooo!

CRW_5777_RJ.jpg

God he was so handsome.

CRW_8579_RJ.jpg

Resting with Skyy

CRW_0760_RJ_2.jpg

And goofing at the dog park.

1CRW_2331_RJ.jpg

Mali-stretch

IMG_3068.jpg

Skyy, Bailey & Malibu

IMG_7937.jpg

At Greyhounds in Gettysburg

Edited by BSM

I'm so very sorry!!! :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I was saddened to read this especially so close to Mali's sister in August. I love the photo you showed on Mali and I instantly fell in love with those warm eyes. Godspeed Malibu and may the wind always be at your back. You are in good company especially with your sister by your side. Take good care of each other until we all meet again.

IMG_8660.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

aIMG_0803.jpg

And I'll finish with probably my two favorite pictures

IMG_3071.jpg

The 'perfect' littermates pose

IMG_3070.jpg

And the way I'll always remember them.

Love love that last picture of them together. They had a special bond. I know you are thankful that this pose was captured. Hugs to you.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

He just wanted to make sure you had the best last photo of him. They are really something.........not too many leave without saying "goodbye" in their own way. I am so sorry for your loss. It's always too soon. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead