I Am Looking At All The Greys Name's That ..........

Guest IrskasMom

Guest IrskasMom

Some have 9 Pages and some only 3 or 4 Pages. I am to sad to read all of them and their sad Stories. Some were more in Pictures with us and some we knew only from here and there.Everyone who lost one of their beloved Greys I want you to know ,I hurt for every one of them and their Families.Everyone of them was Beautiful :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Edited by IrskasMom

So many have left us this month and we're only halfway through October. :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

There are way too many. Each was so special and so loved. My heart breaks for all of them.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Yes - I was thinking about it this morning too. So many losses this month, not only here on GT but also here among our local adoption group families. My heart goes out to everyone. :grouphug:grouphug

Guest PiagetsMom

Some have 9 Pages and some only 3 or 4 Pages. I am to sad to read all of them and their sad Stories. Some were more in Pictures with us and some we knew only from here and there.Everyone who lost one of their beloved Greys I want you to know ,I hurt for every one of them and their Families.Everyone of them was Beautiful :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

Erica, that was a very caring thing to say.

Yes, there are those who share frequent pictures and stories of their sweet pups and we get to know them well, And then there are those, like myself, who don't post many pics or share their pups as often. Unfortunately, most of us do eventually find ourselves posting in remembrance, and having just been there, the thoughts and words really do help your heart, and I appreciated them so much.

Unfortunately, most of us do eventually find ourselves posting in remembrance, and having just been there, the thoughts and words really do help your heart, and I appreciated them so much.

We appreciate every post, too. Every word matters. Now I find myself reading those posts over and over again, seeking solace somehow.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Unfortunately, most of us do eventually find ourselves posting in remembrance, and having just been there, the thoughts and words really do help your heart, and I appreciated them so much.

We appreciate every post, too. Every word matters. Now I find myself reading those posts over and over again, seeking solace somehow.

I've always kept separate files with each of my dogs' medical records and adoption records. When they leave me I print out the comments posted in Remembrance. They still make me cry years later, but then I think of the greyhound that moved into our home next. There's some comfort in seeing that continuance of incoming dogs here...........

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Each one matters, and each one's loved ones left behind.

Somewhere over the rainbow .....

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PiagetsMom

I've always kept separate files with each of my dogs' medical records and adoption records. When they leave me I print out the comments posted in Remembrance. They still make me cry years later, but then I think of the greyhound that moved into our home next. There's some comfort in seeing that continuance of incoming dogs here...........

I did that yesterday......I have a photo book that I've kept for Piaget over the years, and her Rembrance thread will go in the back of it.

I just want to add that there was a time early on that I sometimes hesitated to post my condolances to a Remembrance thread of a pup or poster that I did not know well, not knowing if a simple "I'm sorry" would really help in any way. I now know, as Tricia said, every word matters. And while I know there are a variety of reasons that some don't read or post in Remembrance - maybe they feel the way I did - I can say that it's probably the one forum that a few words can really, really make a difference.

Edited by PiagetsMom

Expressing your sympathy for a person or a pet, is the last kind thing you can do for that relationship. All sincere words are appreciated. This month has been awful.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

When I log into this forum, I always save Remembrance for last. Inevitably, I am in tears, and can't read or participate any more.

No matter whether I "knew" them or not, the love & loss shines through and my thoughts go back to every dog I have ever loved &

lost. Then on to my two senior boys who will be gone someday......

This month, seems like the blubbering in Remembrance is outweighing the chuckles in Cute/Funny.

Cyber hugs all round...........

(edited because I'm blubbering again)

Edited by DesiRayMom

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

It always makes me sad to see some dogs with pages and pages and some with just a few, although it only has to do with how well known the dog was to GT readers. As others have said, every single post matters and is of comfort. It's been a very sad summer :cry1

Expressing your sympathy for a person or a pet, is the last kind thing you can do for that relationship. All sincere words are appreciated. This month has been awful.

The entire summer has been awful. There are lots of people who have lots dogs this year and each and every loss is awful.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest madredhare

So many have left us this month and we're only halfway through October. :(

I know, I looked at the list myself and counted them up. Truly sad, indeed. Breaks my heart and makes me hug my hounds even more!

I've come to the conclusion that the hounds of GreyTalk belong to all of us and we are each just individual caretakers (servants in many cases....). October is sucking for so many of our extended families.

If there really is a Rainbow Bridge, I have a sneaking suspicion that there's one heck of a beach party going on up there. At least I prefer to think so.

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest 2Brindles

Thank you for your kind words! It will be two weeks tomorrow that my dear boy Ronan crossed the bridge and to me it seems surreal that time continues even though his journey has ended, if that makes sense. I seem him everywhere and I think of him everyday.

My thoughts are also with every person and family who has said goodbye to a beloved furry friend this month, in the past, and in the months and years to come. It is always too soon.

Sonnet 73, In memory of our beloved Bridge babies

I've come to the conclusion that the hounds of GreyTalk belong to all of us and we are each just individual caretakers (servants in many cases....). October is sucking for so many of our extended families.

If there really is a Rainbow Bridge, I have a sneaking suspicion that there's one heck of a beach party going on up there. At least I prefer to think so.

What they said.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Maybe we could make a "happy" thread, with the happy memories/pictures of those that are at the bridge?

Actually, Lynda started one right here recently.

tiny hada siggy.png

Sometimes when I post in remembrance I wish I could think of more comforting words because I, like others, have felt pain that seems overwhelming and leaves you barely able to function. I really truly am saddened by each and every post in remembrance and have shed so many tears for those who have left us.

Steve Jobs once asked if you were living each day as if it were your last, because some day it will be. My sincere condolences to all of the families...I'm so sorry it was your grey's "last" day. And for those of us who've lost a grey to cancer, my greatest hope is cancer will eventually become a word rather than a sentence.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Yes way too many. Before February 8, 2011 I normally would read Rembrance on a daily basis and usually put a reply in a thread. Each one of them pulls at my heart each time and I too realize how a few simple words to acknowledge a bridge baby can mean to someone. My Brandi crossed the bridge in Feb this year I have found it very difficult to read the threads and comment on the thread so my GT folks, I am sorry. It was never my intent to ignore this forum but it has just been hard. I feel for each and one of you.............

Edited by brandimom

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

I don't know how I'd cope, I've never lost a pet or close person (family/friend) before. If anything, the rememberance threads makes me want to spend more time/ do more fun things with my Bella...cause you just never know when it's time.

Greyhound Collars : www.collartown.ca

Maggie (the human servant), with Miss Bella, racing name "A Star Blackieto"

13380965654_dba9a12b29.jpg