Faye Oops Is Limping

winnie

We've had A LOT of dreary, rainy days over the past couple of weeks. During those times, Faye Oops is unable to make it up stairs. She also limps on her left front leg. When we have nice days, Faye Oops limping seems to go away. Limp or not - she doesn't whimper or complain. Faye Oops is 11.5 y/o.

I'd like to think that Faye Oops has arthritis that flares up on the dreary rainy days. I don't even want to think about the "o" word. I have never had a dog with osteo and don't really know the signs.

We're supposed to have better weather this weekend. We'll see how Faye Oops does. If she is still limping, we'll take her to the vet.

Thoughts?

Edited by winnie

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arthritis. Because there's just been too much of the other. So it's arthritis. Period.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Arthritis. Because there's just been too much of the other. So it's arthritis. Period.

I hope so. The limping is really bad today. Faye Oops is my baby even though we didn't get her until she was 10 y/o.. I told her that she has to live until she is 20 y/o. I pray that she is better this weekend. It's supposed to be sunny and in the 70s.

Keeping you tucked in my prayers tonight.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I adopted a 10 yo male who did this though not quite as badly. It was from his shoulder & it was indeed arthritis. He remained with us for 3.5 years. His departure was totally unrelated to his arthritis.

We hope to be able to someday wish you a happy 20th b'day, Faye Oops.

Edited by kudzu

I'm voting for arthritis. Praying the warmer weather makes her feel better.

Jake who is 12 1/2 started to have a lot of trouble gettting around in the past couple of weeks as it has cooled off. He has arthritis in his hips. We just started Cartrophen shots and he is already much better.

I have to say I love the name Faye Oops!

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Faye Oops lImping is really bad this morning. While she'd come down the stairs from our bedroom to the main level, I couldn't get her down the deck stairs to go potty. She stood there and whimpered. DH had to convince her to go down the stairs through the basement door. Stairs are basically a necessity if she wants to go outside. Faye Oops is a tank - not really a dog either DH or I can carry. Leash walking is useless since she doesn't potty on lead.

It appears to be coming from her shoulder. I can't feel any lumps. Faye Oops doesn't run, so I doubt it's a muscle strain. I'm going to try to get an appointment with the vet this afternoon. Even if she improves when the weather gets better, I can't stand to see her suffer like this. I'm still hoping it's arthritis and that perhaps all we need are some injections to make her feel better. My horse is on Adequan for her arthritis which has helped a lot.

I'll keep GT posted on what the vet says.

I have to say I love the name Faye Oops!

Faye Oops race name is Santa Fe Oops. They called her Oops in her previous home of 7 years. We tried to rename her Faye, but she didn't respond to it. I guess some old dogs can't learn new things. So, we added back the Oops. She does respond to Faye Oops. It fits her too. She is such a tank that our vet jokes that the Oops part is because she is 1/2 lab.

Laura, I live close to you, so we're experiencing the same weather (HATE those crazy t-storms). Mandy, who is 11 years old, has been limping worse than usual for the last couple of days. She does have arthritis, especially in her left shoulder. She really had difficulty on the stairs yesterday, which is tough because we live on the fourth floor with no elevator. I have had x-rays done twice when she was limping badly and neither time showed any of the terrible "o". I do give her Rimadyl when it gets bad. That seems to help the limping. Also, have you checked her for corns, sometimes the smallest corn, which can be hard to see, can cause enough pain to exacerbate other issues.

In any case, I'll be sending prayers for Ms. Faye Oops.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

I live on the other side of Leesburg and have had this weather, too. My 11 YO is more gimpy than usual, too, as is my 14.5 YO whippet. I have my older guys on a joint supplement, too, but it just doesn't cut it on days like these. Cool, damp weather does not bode well with older dogs! Please let us know how her vet appointment goes.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Hoping it's nothing serious. I have noticed that in cool, damp weather, my shoulder really hurts (from my riding accident last year). Hope it just something similar for Faye Oops.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

The vet said she is fairly certain it's osteo - left front shoulder. I'm devastated. I got a CD with the X-Rays to send to Dr. Couto for a 2nd opinion. Not my Faye Oops. Crying as I write this. I don't know what to do.

ETA... Vet gave us Tramadol for pain management for now.

Edited by winnie

My heart goes out to you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.