Slim..my Soulmate, My Teacher, The Love Of My Life

racindog

slimfestivalport1.jpg

Slim... what to say. Should I say how grateful I am that you still lead me? how I marvel at the things you still teach me? how I still feel safe because I know that you, my sentry dog named Ruthless by someone else at some other time, will always come back to protect your family if necessary, as you have already shown? You know what I feel most is just how grateful I am you are a part of my life-actively- and just as importantly as when you were here in your earth suit. I kind of understand, a little bit, what Cash meant when she said she was glad you crossed over because you had more power now. You have taught me things from the other side that I could only learn from that perspective. I guess one of the most important things is the peace I know since you still guide me and bless me so. You sent me Bobber-oh what a message that was. Only you and I know how funny that was. How I love your sense of humor! And just recently you were there when Minny crossed over-right there-and you let us know it too and you were there for Cash too-oh how we soaked up your strength and steadying influence to get through such storms- and thank God I know you'll be there for me too when I cross over and can finally hold you in my arms again. You sent me Gilly Boy. You made it clear that it was your doings. I don't know why yet....I don't care....the important thing to me is that you sent him...and if you sent him there is a reason and it is for my good and that's all I need to know. I'm just on cloud nine knowing that you specially picked him out for me. I should say how grateful I am for the signs you send me. You know how I love the messages you send. You know how sometimes I'll feel like I'll need an especially strong validation-something that has absolutely no other explanation- and I'll tell you and ask...and you always send me one that is unmistakable-just like I asked for. It's just I need you Slim- just like when you were here in body, and I thank my God He has provided a way for us to continue TOGETHER- forever- with a relationship that only gets stronger and an indescribable love only we can share. Now, our hearts and souls go beyond the physical form and we communicate on a different and much deeper level.

Thank you Slim- you know, you understand, and since you don't like lovely dovey mushy stuff I won't belabor the point or add hearts etc. but, I love you buddy, God how I love you.

:grouphug

When you say "Soulmate" and "Love of my Life", I know exactly what you mean and how you feel.

Thank you Adrianne. It is so comforting to know someone else understands. And I understand where you're coming from too. Hugs to all.

When you say "Soulmate" and "Love of my Life", I know exactly what you mean and how you feel.

Thank you Adrianne. It is so comforting to know someone else understands. And I understand where you're coming from too. Hugs to all.

I also understand. I'm so very sorry.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I also understand. I'm so very sorry.

:nod They are incredibly special, the bonds we share. My words don't do justice, but I know you know what I mean. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hugs to you.

Rest well and keep watching over your person, handsome boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Tears in my eyes again... You and Slim were so incredibly fortunate to not only find each other, but love and understand each other so well. Such a deep connection you have.

Tears in my eyes when I read this....and yes, I, too, know the feeling of a soulmate, guide, partner.....How blessed we have been to know that feeling.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

:grouphug Donna :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I never met Slim, but he holds a special place in my heart because your warrior Slim was similar in so many ways to our Robin. I have loved reading your PM's about Slim and comparing notes with you, and I always enjoy reading your posts about him.

Rest in peace, handsome beloved boy.

:grouphug:f_red

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France