Ruby Is Safe And Home !

RUBY is HOME !!!!! I got a call about an hour ago from the police who gave me a ladies phone number and said they had found Ruby. I immediately drove over and there was my baby, wagging her tail and very very tired. She was over 9 miles away !!! They found her this afternoon and posted her on Craigslist and Facebook. They finally called the police who knew we were looking for her. She seems to be in good condition and the pads on her feet look good. She is exhausted and sleeping soundly beside me. My heart is still racing and I cannot believe my good luck in this awful situation. My husband was going to take her for a walk and had left the garage door open, she saw a cat and bolted. I have told him a MILLION times she will run and he needs to be more careful. I think he gets it now and she did not get the cat. Please kiss your doggies for me tonight and count your blessings they are home safe with you. I know I am.

Karen

I am still in shock my girl is laying beside me right now. My heart has been racing all day and I cannot relax. She of course is exhausted and has been sound asleep since we got home. I love my Ruby !

Oh my gosh, I'm just seeing this now... Ruby!!! 9 miles!!! Thank heaven she's home safely!!! I hope you'll be able to relax your own racing heart very soon... Ruby needs you!!

Oh thank goodness!! Donna had sent me an alert earlier this evening, which I just now saw, and rushed over to see what had happened. WHEW!!! Ruby, girlie, oh please learn your lesson, Missy!!

Hugs to you all, now!! :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

So glad that she is home!

I know of a dog that went that far across 3 major 6 lane intersections and across an 8 lane loop around the city. I seem to think her pads were not so good but she healed quickly. \

Happy that other than being one pooped pup Ruby seems no worse for the wear.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

When our Oliver escaped (for luckily only 10 minutes) because my husband left a gate open, all I could think about was if I don't find my boy I will divorce my husband. :wife

I am so happy that Ruby is safe at home now.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Fantastic news!!! So very glad she is safe back at home. She's a runner alright....9 miles!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Ruby is acting strangely this morning. She didn't want to go out to potty last night and this morning, I had to drag her out of the bedroom and force her out to pee and eat. She is walking fine with no limping but seems very hesitant about the outdoors. I know the fireworks are not helping any but there are none this morning. She did just wolf down her breakfast. I think she is just tired and maybe a little confused.

Karen