D.c's What For Dec 21 1999- May 25 2011

Guest Lovey_Hounds

Guest Lovey_Hounds

My momma dog is gone.... i know it was for the best and she is now pain free but my heart is broken i miss her so very much :weep

Run Free my beautiful lady :angelwings

Here is a little write up i did about her.

D.C left for the rainbow bridge this morning, she was helped by the caring staff at Transcanada Vet clinic and was surrounded by the people who loved her so very much.

She layed down and had her head in my lap as she went and had Adam, Vegas and Chili by her side.

D.C was a wonderfull old girl who touched so many lives and was so greatly Loved. She was born and raised In Abilene Kansas on the farm of Tony and Judy Mills, she then went on to have a short but great race career at Southland Greyhound park and even Ran in 4 Stake races. Her race career was cut short due to a hock injury but then moved on to another job as a brood mom she had 4 litters with 25 registered (a a few unregistered pups) she was a great momma dog and cared for her puppies well. In the spring of 2008 after her last litter of pups no longer needed her she was ready for her next part of her life as a pet. She was then sent up to Canada to Northwest Canadian Greyhound League to wait for her new family.

D.C did not wait long, we had recently adopted Vegas and he made it very clear he needed a companion, he was very usure about being retired and the whole pet idea so we were looking for a confident companion for him and us. we had looked at a few greyhounds and were not too sure if or when we would find the right dog for our little family, we had seen NCGL online and thought we would take one more look at their website too see if any hounds caught our eye and well one did! i emailed and asked about her explaining what we were looking for because of Vegas also we have a younger daughter and 3 cats.... we were not asking a lot were we? lol.

I had asked so many questions about her that i knew she would be great, the one question i forgot to ask was her size... wow did i get a suprise when she walked in to meet us and our other pets she was a big girl! she was 78 lbs.

D.C moved right in like she owned the place, she showed me broodies are way too smart for their own good, she helped Vegas come out of his shell and transition into pet life better. D.C was a great mom on the farm and just as good as a mom to 3 other foster puppies (Ginger, Luna and Odette) and to Chili, she showed them they have to have manners, and how to be good little dogs she showed chili all her sneaky was to escape, counter surf, open kennels and so much more.

She was always such a happy bouncy smiling old girl who never acted her age, so was always such a great hound to have around.

We wanted so badly to take her to see her farm in Kansas one last time this summer but it wasnt meant to happen. Our house is so very empty now with out my big momma dog here, but i know she is happy and pain free and watching over us.

I want to thank everyone for keeping us in their thoughts in this devistating time, it makes me so happy to know she was loved by so many people.

On the farm the day she was leaving for adoption

DCWhatFor6.jpg

first week home

PIC_0031.jpg

May 22nd 2011, our last weekend together :brokenheart

DSC_0133.jpg

I am so sorry. Those 1999 vintage broods are so special.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest awvase

I love you mamma dog, I know we always didn't see eye to eye, and you always hated when I cleaned mud off your paws, but I did love you. You meant so much to us, and were the center of our pack.

As I read what mom (Brandi) wrote about you tears come to my eyes, which really isn’t good since I am at work.

I know this was the best thing for you, but I wish you were still here. I never think we will ever have another dog quite like you.

Run free, and watch over Chili and Vegas.

I love you big girl.

She was a beauty, wasn't she? Inside and out. I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer with you.

Godspeed, precious girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Qwerty

Brandi and Adam,

So sorry for your loss. The Calgary Greyhound Walking Club will miss her, but she will walk amoung friends now, and forever.

Brenda, Beth, Bernice and Typewriter

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that you had to let D.C. go :( :( :(

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Rest in peace, pretty girl. :heart:gh_run2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest brandi007

Run free baby girl, like you used too.

DSC03642.jpg

Lots of thoughts for you, Adam and everyone else in your family. Thanks for adopting her and thanks for giving her such a fantastic retirement.

Brandi, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear, sweet D.C.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Brandy and Adam, my heart goes out to you both. I was fortunate to get to know your very special girl, and she was indeed special. She was so well loved, and loved you both so well right back.

f_yellow

Godspeed sweet girl, you will be missed always

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I'm so sorry. What a good Momma she was!!! Rest well, sweet girl....you did a greyt job.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

That was a wonderful tribute to your beautiful girl. :f_pink

I'm very sorry for your loss. She clearly couldn't have been more loved if she'd been with you her whole life. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).