7/20 Albi Update

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad Albi is doing so well.

If you haven't, you should look into these harnesses Ruff Wear Webmaster Harness

It was really helpful with Dude when he first came home and started doing things that scared the pee out of us - like going upstairs! Never underestimate the power of motivation! I have my heart in my throat every time he does go up and down, but he LOVES to sleep with us on the bed and he WANTS to, so he found a way to make it work. We wouldn't even let him try for about 4 weeks after, then one day I left the gate down by mistake and UP he went! He was so proud of himself! The harness helped us a lot when he wanted to go up but didn't quite have the mojo working.

Good thoughts for Albi! You go guy!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Glad Albi is doing so well.

If you haven't, you should look into these harnesses Ruff Wear Webmaster Harness

It was really helpful with Dude when he first came home and started doing things that scared the pee out of us - like going upstairs! Never underestimate the power of motivation! I have my heart in my throat every time he does go up and down, but he LOVES to sleep with us on the bed and he WANTS to, so he found a way to make it work. We wouldn't even let him try for about 4 weeks after, then one day I left the gate down by mistake and UP he went! He was so proud of himself! The harness helped us a lot when he wanted to go up but didn't quite have the mojo working.

Good thoughts for Albi! You go guy!

That's nice! Plus, there's the harness made by God's Greyts specifically for helping lift or assist greyhounds.

I'm so glad Albi is doing so well now! I just talked to a friend who's grey is hitting his 2 year post-amp anniversary and going STRONG. :D Now that you're over the hardest part, it'll just get better and better. Kisses to Albi, and hugs to you!

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

If he's gained 3 pounds since last recorded weight, he must be eating pretty well? That's great. How does his mood seem to be in general? Sending hugs.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Yeah! yay.gif You look great, buddy! wub.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

No more cone, yay!!!

Amazing how it's just over a month since his world turned inside out. It must seem like much, much longer to all of you.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest UpperHandAndy

He looks like he's feeling a bit better! Sending healing thoughts Albi's way, and strenghtening ones for you and your husband. I can't imagine how hard this whole ordeal has been. He's lucky to have you!!

Guest FullMetalFrank

Awwwww... He is so beautiful. I am glad to hear he's eating and starting to heal better. He looks so cute in his tshirt. What a sweet boy.

• 4 weeks later...

Nancy, thanks for the update. It sounds like the MRSA really took a lot out of him. I will keep Albi in my prayers as he rebuilds his strength.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)