Frankenjet

Pros and Cons of living in a rural area... 24 hour vet care doesn't mean what you think it does. It means maybe the vet has an answering machine/voice mail that says "If this is an emergency, please leave a message and we'll get back to you." or "if this is an emergency, please call 555-5555." and nobody answers or takes them 30 mins to respond.

It took us 30 minutes to get an actual vet on the phone and even longer to find one that was willing to see us. Luckily, she lived 2 doors down and I'd already sent Jeff to go talk to her. We brought Jet over for a quick look to be sure a hole in the head that shows skull could be left until morning. So we wrapped her up last night and kept an eye on her last night and off to the vet we went this morning. Left her to be sedated and put back together again.

What happened? Not positive, but pretty sure it was a fight over a bone and Abby did the damage to Jet and left Jet screaming and with a few punctures in her face and a hole in her head so you could see poor Jet's skull.

Jet is now home, 8 stitches in her head, resting in our bedroom. For a reasonable cost.

post-786-0-77997500-1304377491_thumb.jpg

post-786-0-05596900-1304377503_thumb.jpg

Heal quickly, little girl!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Ouch! So sorry, Jet. :( Silver lining: now you know where the closest vet is!:)

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest BrianRke

Sorry this happened to poor Jet, I hope she heals quickly. Makes me realize how lucky I am to have an Emergency Vet open 24/7 in the area.

Guest kydie

OMG,, :eek poor baby,,, Yep! know how you feel with the vet issue,, :blink: in an emergency,,, I have the home phone number of our vet,, if she is not home,,,, it is 2 hours one way to an emergency vet clinic in State College,, Pa,, hope Jet is on the mend

Edited by kydie