Linus "cy's Kid Spike"

Guest WhiteWave

Guest WhiteWave

I can remember the day like it was almost yesterday. I went to go get these 2 senior Greyhounds that the owner didn't want anymore. No one in my family supported my decision. Why would you want those old dogs I got ask over and over again.

Well one of those old dogs turned out to be one of the best dogs I ever had the pleasure of knowing. He gave me almost 5 good years. He was a real character. He new he was of noble birth and deserved to be waited on hand and foot. While the other dogs bounced around waiting to be fed, Linus laid on his bed waiting for it to be brought to him. He liked to have his bed and pillow fluffed before bed. But if he got up in the middle of the night for water or a pee break and another dog got on his bed, you had to brush off the "cooties" and refluff the bed for him. If someone had drooled in the water bowl, you had to dump it, wash it and refill it and of course add ice cubes. He was a spoiled one!

He lived life to the fullest right up to the end. He was doing his happy dance as I was getting home from work and his leg snapped. It was cancer and nothing to be done for him. He was almost 15.

This was the last pic I took of him, taken about a month before he died:

Linus145yrsold.jpg

And other thru out the 5 yrs I had him. He was 2 weeks shy of 9 yrs old when I adopted him.

FlowersLinus.jpg

ThethreeGreys.jpg

Donotwakemeup.jpg

LinusSept28.jpg

Linus_on_the_couch.jpg

80c05dce.jpg

Handsome_Linus.jpg

JulyLinus.jpg

SleepyLinus.jpg

34f20d4b.jpg

I swear, old dogs are the BEST! B) I'm glad you and Linus had 5 lovely years together. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

What a handsome boy. I'm so sorry he had to leave you.

Godspeed, Linus.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Linus will be with you forever. His legacy will live on in all the other seniors you will love. I too learned that the depth of love has nothing to do with their age or the time they are with us- they are sooooooooo unexplainably special. My deepest sympathy.

Run free happy & healthy dearest Linus! Enjoy the clean fluffy clouds that are always fluffed and ready for you where you now reign. You are loved always.

:f_red:gh_lay:f_red

For love is as strong as death,

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it.

Song of Solomon 8:6-

I'm so glad you had so many wonderful years with your senior! sending many hugs. :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest WhiteWave

Thank you everyone. I still miss him. It took almost a year before I could get another Greyhound. Linus was very special to me. It really hard to believe he has been gone 3 yrs.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a wonderful 5 years with you.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

So sorry for your loss. He sounds like quite the character. May those wonderful memories bring you comfort.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.