Leaving For Ohio State Now

Guest juliagulia630

Guest juliagulia630

We have not been able to get his pain under control and are leaving in the winter hurricane to drive to Columbus for pain management and a diagnosis. Wish us luck!!

Be careful. I'm in NE Ohio - most schools are closed today. But it's supposed to be clearing up as the day goes on.

They are fabulous at OSU. Hope you get some answers and good pain management for your boy. :hope

Very best wishes for the drive & for James. goodluck.gifclover.gifhope.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Good luck and drive safe!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Have a safe trip. I have made that trip from Brecksville many times. I hope you can let someone know when you arrive safely at OSU and can post it. I recommend the Varsity Inn North if you need to say overnight. Ask for the OSU medical rate.

Our best to James.

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Safe travels and good thoughts for James. Please let us know how things go.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest juliagulia630

Driving back with James from osu. They were great and he is now wearing a fentanyl patch, getting gabapentin, and deramaxx. We are reluctant to give tradmadol since he reacted to it so strangely last night. I hope fentanyl does not do the same. We have an appointment with Dr Cuoto monday morning. The vets we saw today and concerned about his pain and the probability of osteo. Hoping for a pain free night. Thank you for all the well wishes!

safe travels and I will pray for your pup! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest juliagulia630

He is doing better and a little ice pack is doing the trick for any break through pain. Just talked to our local vet who got the OSU report and they commented on how little the affected area was but the reason for pain was that it lays where a muscle group inserts to the bone. I am hoping we are catching this early and that our oncology appointment on Monday gets the ball rolling.

My family now just has to decide how aggressive we are going to be. I am off to go read the many other threads to read up on what to expect.

Thank you all for your prayers. I think they are working!

Continued prayers from here in Rhode Island.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.