Roo Is Not Well ****update First Post***

Guest WarmheartedPups

Guest WarmheartedPups

Roo is having a really rough time.... it started yesterday.

I think its her back.....she limps on her right leg and the paw turns under a bit....but she can barely walk. Very unsteady. I have given her some Tramadol 50 mgs that I had on hand.

Its difficult..almost impossible to get her up to go outside.....and lying down is very painful for her.

I am just waiting for the Vets office to open up to make an appt.....but then I need to wait for my husband to get home from up north.....he is coming home early to help me as I cant lift her into the truck by myself....so it will be this afternoon until I can get her into the Vet.

She is sleeping now and comfortable. Please think good grey hound thoughts for her. :cry1

I am worried for my girl.

<<<<<<<<<<UPDATE>>>>>>>>>

Took Roo to the Vet and she has two or three narrowed cervical discs that could very well be the problem....but the Vet also noticed that her joints were sore...and Roo is usually a very brave MaMa....so he did a Lymes Test....and it was positive!!!! So we will treat the neck and the Lymes....she is resting comfortably and I am having a VERY VERY Large glass of WINE!!

Thanks to ALL!!

Edited by WarmheartedPups

We're keeping all of our fingers and paws crossed that it's something temporary goodluck.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Poor Roo!

May be a bulgy disc pinching a nerve - Cody had that. She was on prednisone and acupuncture & it worked very well for a long time! Hope it's something easy to treat...

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Linda- I didn't mention that Sparks paw is doing that as well on the leg that he can't walk on.

Maybe a depo shot will help her. Sparks had one in Oct.

I'll let you know how Sparks appt goes tomorrow for accupuncture

Huge to you and ear scritches to Roo

Edited by Wonder

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest zombrie

Mira had something similar going on back in November, she was limping and could barely hold her hind end up. It turned out she has arthritis in her back and was getting pinched nerves. I hope it is something similar and nothing serious.

Well wishes. It sounds like something with nerves (turned under foot). If it's come on quickly then it may be a disc problem. Anti-iflammatories and muscle relaxers helped sadie when she hurt her neck. I had never seen her have pain like that. But limiting her movement (no stairs or jumping up or down) and changing to a harness for walking and the meds and she eventually recovered. Good luck today and let us know how it goes with Roo.

finalsiggy.jpg

Phoenix had something like you've described. After a couple of chiropractor visits, he was good as new.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Thinking of you and Roo!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

OMG, Roo! Hope she feels better soon. Enjoy that wine; you deserve it!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg

Sounds like, Do you want the good news first or the bad? You took the bad news and it wasn't so bad. Way to go Roo!

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Poor Roo!!

Feel better soon, sweetheart!!

Sending lots of :kiss2 your way.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France