Anubis Died Aug. 2010 Remembered

Guest carolxi

Guest carolxi

Hi All,

I thought I would send a holiday note to those going through this illness or in mourning:

I had Anubis put to sleep 3 weeks after his diagnosis. If I had been a stronger person, I would have done it as soon as I got the diagnosis, but it took me that long to come to terms with the reality. I say it took me, because Anubis knew he wasn't ok for quite some time before I even noticed it - and I feel terribly guilty about that. I had the vet come over to my house - I couldn't take him in. It would have been like taking a lamb to the slaughter. She gave him a needle to make him sleepy and to take away any pain. He laid down on his bed in the livingroom and I sat beside him on the floor. He put his head on my lap. He had been doing that for some time since his illness, obviously for comfort. When he was resting/sleeping comfortably, she gave him the other needle. He didn't even flinch. He went in his sleep with his head in my lap, with me stroking him and talking to him.

My sweetheart always rememberd:

AnubistheReindeerDog.jpg

Tiredchristmaspuppy.jpg

HPIM1331a.jpg

Guest Energy11

Thank you for posting this! We have met ... at Sandy Paws, I think. When we used to attend, I was the on site medical contact there.

My Goldie is VERY sick now, I KNOW what you went through, as, I am going through it now! She is a sick girl, and I am waiting for lab results to come in to rule out a few things.

I know how this is, and I know you loved your Anubis VERY much, as I do my Goldie and the other four!

God bless you and your Bridge boy!

Guest carolxi

Hi All,

I meant to post this msg on this thread, but it got posted on the med site generally:

I thought I would send a holiday note to those going through this illness or in mourning:

I had Anubis put to sleep 3 weeks after his diagnosis. If I had been a stronger person, I would have done it as soon as I got the diagnosis, but it took me that long to come to terms with the reality. I say it took me, because Anubis knew he wasn't ok for quite some time before I even noticed it - and I feel terribly guilty about that. I had the vet come over to my house - I couldn't take him in. It would have been like taking a lamb to the slaughter. She gave him a needle to make him sleepy and to take away any pain. He laid down on his bed in the livingroom and I sat beside him on the floor. He put his head on my lap. He had been doing that for some time since his illness, obviously for comfort. When he was resting/sleeping comfortably, she gave him the other needle. He didn't even flinch. He went in his sleep with his head in my lap, with me stroking him and talking to him.

My sweetheart always rememberd:

Tiredchristmaspuppy.jpg

AnubistheReindeerDog.jpg

HPIM1331a.jpg

So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful baby!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

I remember Anubis and he is missed. Thanks for posting this. I know from experience how hard it is to make the right decision. In retrospect, I never felt I let go of of an animal companion too early, instead I think I always waited too long.

Energy, you and Goldie and Hope and Tiny are in my thoughts, as are the others who are ailing :grouphug

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

You were a good person to him.

Godspeed, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My heart breaks with yours. Such a beautiful and obviously very loved pup. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Anubis was a stunning boy. I remember when he passed....our thoughts are with you at this time of year. Remember Anubis is always with you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

carol - it's so good to see you back on gt!!! i hope your heart is mending - it just still hurts, doesn't it - i had a REALLY sad day this week, rivie will always be in my heart, jsut as anubis is in yours. thank you for helping me through the worst time period in my life - you all were my friends, support, helpers - still sucked, but you all did help! loved the photos of anubis - what a handsome greyhound!!!!! thanks so much for sharing - and it is SO SO good to see you back - teri

:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Always remembered, missed forever, loved until eternity passes. He was stunning. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead