Goldie's Nights Are Getting Better! Holding Off On The Anipryl

Guest Energy11

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

Great update! Smiling and holding hands are good signs.

I agree! :colgate

Me too! :-)) At least the girl is happier!!!! Thanks for your good thoughts! "-)

Guest mcsheltie

I haven't posted anything, but have been checking every day to see how Goldie has been doing. Mucho prayers for continued improvement!!!

Guest Energy11

I haven't posted anything, but have been checking every day to see how Goldie has been doing. Mucho prayers for continued improvement!!!

Thank you! :-)

Guest freightsmom

Dee,

You are always here for us to offer a kind word, advise and hope.....please know that we will be here for you as long as it takes to see your baby girl get better :heart

Guest Energy11

Dee,

You are always here for us to offer a kind word, advise and hope.....please know that we will be here for you as long as it takes to see your baby girl get better :heart

Thanks for your kind words!

Goldie is PERFECT during the day, and looks and seems MUCH HAPPIER ... but, of course, last night was BAD again. I am hoping, with her being on the thyroid supplementation for a while, will help, and then, we look in to the Anipryl.

Love to ALL OF YOU, keeping Goldie in their thoughts!

Wow-o-wow, the latest update is AWESOME! Don't you just love it when two great minds think alike??? Whoo-hoo!!:yay :yay :yay

Here's hoping and praying that the Goldie's future includes calmer nights, not just for her sake, but so you and DH can get some much needed and well deserved rest. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Energy11

Thanks again for all the love, hugs, prayers and good thoughts!

I THINK Goldie is getting a little better at night. She's been on thyroid supplementation for four days now. She is MUCH happier, without being loaded down with the Pred and Pheno. I am waiting for the Soloxine to come and the Anipryl (*Dr. Beau filled both, God Bless him!) ... Now, she is taking Curfew's generic thyroid supplemtation, until the Soloxine arrives (*Hopefully today). Right now, Goldie is sleeping in bed next to Dh! Sooo darned cute!

No matter ... she is a happier girl, and knock wood... I haven't seen anymore evidence of seizure-like activity!

Guest Energy11

You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

Goldie looks sooo much better WITHOUT all the crap! AND, get this ... she refuses to eat her food IF there are any "cheese balls" in it .... that means meds! Sooo, we are giving the thyroid meds**THREE HOURS AFTER she eats, , like Dr. Jean suggested! The 1/2 low dose aspirin and pepcid AC goes in pnut butter :-)) NO more cheese balls!

She IS a REAL BEAUTY, AND A SPECIAL OLD GAL ... I do think her QUALITY OF LIFE has improved 100% in the last few days~!!! Now, let's see if the Anipryl, given SLOWLY, .. .will help her nights!

Love you all! Dee and Goldie!

Edited by Energy11

Dee, maybe I misunderstood what Jean wrote, but I thought it was 1 hour before or 3 hours after meals or treats containing soy or calcium. If it's the way you have interpreted it, then I need to give Carl his Soloxine differently. I'm confused!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Energy11

Dee, maybe I misunderstood what Jean wrote, but I thought it was 1 hour before or 3 hours after meals or treats containing soy or calcium. If it's the way you have interpreted it, then I need to give Carl his Soloxine differently. I'm confused!

My fault for not being more clear ... here is what Dr. Jean wrote me ... See what happens when you are sleep deprived! :-( She is getting it three hours AFTER meals ... the yogurt is WITH her meals. Sorry for the confusion!

..."The thyroid dose needed for sight hounds is half that needed for other breed types , and older dogs require les as well – so I suggest 0. 3 mg thyroxine twice daily – be sure to give it at least an hour before or three hours after meals and treats containing calcium or soy—to ensure absorption. ..."

I am giving the thyroid supplement to Goldie THREE hours AFTER eating, :-)))

Guest Energy11

Ok, gotcha! I thought maybe I'd been giving Carl his wrong the last 2 years!

NOPE! YOU are right... I am just a bit "punchy," and can't get my brain to work properly~ "( ... Goldie gets her thyroid meds three hours AFTER meals, BECAUSE I put yogurt in their evening meals... I give her thyroid meds with a bit of canned food and pumpkin :-)) YOU ARE ALL GOOD~ "))

Baby steps........praying for baby steps toward a full night's sleep. So glad she's feeling better! You have got to be thrilled!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Energy11

Baby steps........praying for baby steps toward a full night's sleep. So glad she's feeling better! You have got to be thrilled!

YES, I AM THRILLED~!! :-))

Having been in human medicine for years, and having lost a husband to cancer, I DO NOT TAKE ANY doctor's first opinion!!!! I KNEW for MONTHS WHAT my Bob had and NO ONE would listen to me! Turned out, I was spot on! Since then, I have learned to QUESTION all doctors and vets! If it wasn't for Drs. Dodd and "MY" Dr. Beau, Goldie may have been sent to The Bridge! As we used to say on the ambulance .... "NOT on MY watch!"

Thanks again for EVERYONE'S concern and prayers for this girl! Yes, baby steps are good! ANY steps are! :-))

Now, hoping she will stay stable, and/or, I can handle whatever comes along, as WE and and MOST of the rest of Georgia, maybe iced/snowed in for a while! YIKES!!! TWC is saying ice and maybe a FOOT of snow! The south is horrible at handling snow and ice! WE bought a generator yesterday. :-)) That will help!

Love you guys! Dee, Goldie, and of course, Curfew, Oakly, Staggerlee, Cari, and Dh~

Guest TeddysMom

Dee, I haven't responded much but have been keeping up with Goldie's progress and am thrilled that she is doing better. You both are still in my thoughts and prayers.

What a rollercoaster ride during the holidays!!!

Many prayers for Goldie's continued improvement, and for you to be able to get some rest.

Don't forget to leave the water run a bit so it won't freeze again.

Congrats on the new generator....did you remember to get enough fuel to keep it running for as long as.....?

Thanking of you & Goldie every single day!

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.