Fuzzy Is Going Downhill

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

irene, i am just seeing this now. we are thinking all good thoughts for fuzzy and for you and len, too. poor doggie. :(

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

:grouphug and :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Hollys2hounds

Hi Irene,

Just seeing your update. I am so sorry you and Fuzzy are in pain. Glad to hear that Fuzzy's "d" has subsided, prayers for him to be comfortable, and ultimately get well!!!!!

Hugs to all of you!

xxoo

Holly

Edited by Hollys2hounds

Guest NHgreys

Sending good thoughts your way. We have a sick girl at home too, it's so stressful and upsetting especially when there is no easy solution.

:grouphug

Edited by NHgreys

He followed me with a cookie all the way upstairs last night for the first time in three days. He slept upstairs with all of us. I know he was lonely downstairs. So far this morning, soft poop, but not diarrhea. He did have a very loose, watery last poop last time out yesterday. I gave him a slippery elm tablet last night. He is supposed to be on the yucca today, not deramaxx, but, when I opened the bottle it was very globby, thick. I gave a little as it was impossible to measure.

Again, thanks for all the good thoughts and advice. We love you guys.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Watery diarrhea this afternoon, again. I spoke with the doctor at NGAP this afternoon, as Paul finally had his stitches removed. We never got there two weeks ago due to the stairs/Fuzzy accident. She said the diarrhea is very common with most NSAIDs and we might never find one that will agree with him. Not too encouraging.

Sending good thoughts to you and Fuzzy.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Stripeyfan

Poor Fuzzy! Apologies if anyone has already suggested this, but have you tried slippery elm powder? This helps soothe the GI tract and coat the stomach, which may help if the NSAID is irritating his insides. We give it to Kelly when his IBD is flaring - he is about 79lb so he gets the contents of 3 capsules 3X a day, mixed with a little warm water with a couple of pieces of chicken shredded in so he laps it up.

Hope Fuzzy feels better soon. grouphug.gif

I have given him two capsules of slippery elm, not opened up though with his dinners. Last night he came upstairs, again, to sleep. That would be two nights in a row; a good thing. This morning I added Trameel to his dinner. I am awaiting the delivery of the yucca I purchased. I am going to try and keep him off of the deramaxx as long as possible. If I put him back on; it will be for the shortest time possible.

Poor Fuzzy, poor you diarrhea is no fun. I really didn't read through the entire thread---is there a reason that you don't stop the nsaids and just give him Tramadol???

Oh I wanted to add that the Tramadol will help with the diarrhea too (narcotics slow the GI tract down).

Edited by tbhounds

Many prayers and good thoughts!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.