Remembering

TheFullHouse

I woke up this morning and the first thing on my mind was the two of you. My dear sweet Andy. My beautiful hero, who came to his sisters need when she needed him most. My love bug who as my friend Pat says, had a face that looked like it was dipped in powdered sugar. I'm able to remember you today with smiles instead of tears. I've learned to deal with the fact that you left when I wasn't there to be with you and have decided that I guess that's the way it was supposed to be. You passed on Thanksgiving day 2008, my dad's 79th birthday. The two of you never met here on earth sweet Andy, but you changed my dad in May of this year. He read your story in the book "Greyhounds of the Heart". I remember he looked at me and said he never realized dogs had feelings or could relate the way you and Emmy did. He cried as he read your story. It seems you were my hero again Andy, after your passing. I didn't think anyone could change my dad's mind once it was made up. I know you were there waiting for my dad when he joined you in September. I hope you and Emmy greeted him with lots of kisses. Tell him Happy 80th Birthday for me and give him a kiss for me today and tell him how much I love and miss him. Give Emmy and kiss for me and remember, I will always love you both.

My Hero

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest PhillyPups

:bighug :bighug

Judy, I still believe Andy loved you too much to say good-bye to you, and he went to take care of his Emmy.

Would you post the picture of the two of them lying head to head? (I always thought they make a heart in that one showing the world their love for each other.)

You know my thoughts are with you.

Guest Energy11

Oh, Judy! What a beautiful, heart-felt tribute!

Sending you and yours all the hugs we can! Love you! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari!

{{{ Judy }}} :weep:grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hugs, Judy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Beautiful post, Judy. :grouphug And I just have to add a very sincere thank-you for acknowledging Spencer's birthday on Thanksgiving, on a hard date for you. :(

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Andy and Emmy

hearts.jpg

Judy - I know how much you must miss Andy and Emmy both. They have always been my favorite ultimate love story. No matter how often I think of them, it brings a tear of sadness at the loss to not only you and your family, but for the rest of us too. Andys heart was as big as the Universe but his special houndheart was even bigger for you and Emmy. heartred.gif

Hugs from us

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Wow, I couldn't stop crying after watching that beautiful video. Andy was very special, as was Emmy. I miss them, also :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Andy was such a special boy and you captured that in every pic and I'm sure he's still taking care of Emmy :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross