My Baby Golden Retriever Passed

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

he biggest, reddest colored female puppy, "Carolina" from my litter has died today on her two week birthday. First in Flight was her name, ironically. Sleep peacefully little one... you were my favorite of the bunch. I just spent half an hour trying to revive you, but it was not to be.

She was born on what would have been my brother in law's 35th birthday had he not died this past March, and she died on my heart dog's 13th birthday.

Good bye little one.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

It is pouring out so I put her in a scented cigar box and I will bury her in the morning. I can't stop crying, which is rather embarrassing, but she was very precious :( Her eyes opened a couple days ago.

Guest fandogs

It's so hard when a puppy fades and leaves us as we are just getting to see their open eyes, and little personalities developing.

I'm so sorry.. I have cried over many little ones that for some hidden reason, just didn't have what it needed to live on.

So many mama broods will watch over her on her journey.. I hope the rest fare better.

Was she gaining weight? Are the rest ok? Put a drop or two of Karo syrup in their mouths to jump start their systems, if the others are not nursing well.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

That's what's so odd. She was the largest, strongest, and most active, though all are thriving. She was totally normal a couple hours ago. I heard a loud yelp and ran to check them. I believe mom may have accidentally broken her neck :(

Oh, I am so very sorry. So precious. I am sure all the broodies are fussing over her.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest fandogs

Oh my.. I've been through similar things too.. Is she a new mama? We had a 90 pound brood, who when she was kenneled in Kansas, was always losing pups.. they called her a "stomper". Because of two broken hocks she had very little feeling in her back legs.. and being so large, any ill placed foot, would take out a pup.'

When she came to our farm, every time she had a litter, we sat with her morning, noon and night. Often times, taking the pups away when we couldn't be there.

I am so sorry.. and I know how you are feeling. If she had suffered a broken neck, you weren't going to be able to revive her.. she is better off crossing the bridge. I must admit, I have spent many years learning all kinds of techniques to try to revive pups. (usually a fader, should just be allowed to go...) there is something going on inside.. and you will have medical problems down the road.

Sorry for rambling on your remembrance thread..

Condolences...

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Thanks- I appreciate the words.

She is a third time mom, though I don't know anything about her past as I did not get her until just before she had the puppies. It's really just sad, and just when they get extremely cute. Two weeks today.

Godspeed Little One. :f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

:( Godspeed, precious.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

How incredibly heartbreaking. I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Carolina.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)