Casey's Biopsy Results Are Back......

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

benign, benign, benign! :) i am so happy. the surgeon called and left a message today and said that it was splenic nodular hyperplasia w/hemorrhage. He said that basically it is a big blood clot (which makes no sense to me at all). I will try to talk to him tomorrow but if I am unable to get a hold of him then I have an appt with my regular vet on Monday and she said that she would explain everything to me. When I talked to my regular vet tonite she said that Casey had the biggest splenic nodular hyperplasia (10.5lbs, 11 inches in diameter) that she has ever heard of. It is just unbelievable to me that the mass got to be that big.

Casey seems to be doing well. His appetite is good and he seems to be pretty happy. I would say that he is still pretty uncomfortable (the incision is over 12 inches long) but all in all he is doing well. My friend, Claire, stopped today to pick up my foster dog and she said that Casey greeted her at the door and his eyes were bright and his tail was wagging. :P

Thanks again to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

I'm just *thrilled* for you and Casey! :confetti What greyt news! (Sorry about that big ol' incision, though.)

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest Furmom

benign, benign, benign! :) i am so happy. the surgeon called and left a message today and said that it was splenic nodular hyperplasia w/hemorrhage. He said that basically it is a big blood clot (which makes no sense to me at all). I will try to talk to him tomorrow but if I am unable to get a hold of him then I have an appt with my regular vet on Monday and she said that she would explain everything to me. When I talked to my regular vet tonite she said that Casey had the biggest splenic nodular hyperplasia (10.5lbs, 11 inches in diameter) that she has ever heard of. It is just unbelievable to me that the mass got to be that big.

Casey seems to be doing well. His appetite is good and he seems to be pretty happy. I would say that he is still pretty uncomfortable (the incision is over 12 inches long) but all in all he is doing well. My friend, Claire, stopped today to pick up my foster dog and she said that Casey greeted her at the door and his eyes were bright and his tail was wagging. :P

Just went through something not as BIG though... and cancer... I cherish in your relief :) Speedy healing!

Guest houndlover

Just went through something not as BIG though... and cancer... I cherish in your relief :) Speedy healing!

Oh no...I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your baby.

I'm just *thrilled* for you and Casey! :confetti What greyt news! (Sorry about that big ol' incision, though.)

It really is a huge incision and I can't understand how it is staying together. there are no staples or sutures...would they glue something that long?????

Guest Furmom

Oh no...I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you and your baby.

It really is a huge incision and I can't understand how it is staying together. there are no staples or sutures...would they glue something that long?????

Ours is huge too...25 STAPLES!!! I cried when I first saw her.... she is however the same pup I brought in there. I have a hound who is an aweful healer and a dog who two days after she got home was wondering why she wasn't alowed to run... differnt dogs... different healing - DOGS knows we did our best :)

Such excellent news! :yay Continued light and prayers flowing to your sweet boy... :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest FullMetalFrank

Awesome! I sat in on a surgery to remove a ginormous fatty lipoma from the hind end of a labrador, it was probably 2.5 lbs. and maybe 5-6" in diameter; and that seemed HUGE to me! Your Casey is an amazing, brave fellow to endure that big ole' thing and now that it's gone, and better yet, B-9, I hope there is only smooth sailing in your future. :)

I'm so glad to hear it's not cancer, and that Casey is doing so well. I just can't imagine him having that in him. That's like a bowling ball! Once he heals up there's gonna be no stopping him! :)

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

I am so sorry I missed this! My 24 lb corgi just had a 4 lb spleenic mass removed! Also b9! My vet was amazed the size of hers too. Just took her in for bloodwork yesterday. Hopefully the counts are now low enough to consider her healthy. Her lymphocits (sp?) are whats worrying him now....

Many many prayers for a complete and total recovery for your baby!

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Awesome news!!! I hope he heals fast.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

What a freaky experience!! Maybe it was some kind of parasitic twin or something :lol So glad Casey is ok :yay

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

What a freaky experience!! Maybe it was some kind of parasitic twin or something :lol So glad Casey is ok :yay

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

so very happy for you and Casey.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest houndlover

I am so sorry I missed this! My 24 lb corgi just had a 4 lb spleenic mass removed! Also b9! My vet was amazed the size of hers too. Just took her in for bloodwork yesterday. Hopefully the counts are now low enough to consider her healthy. Her lymphocits (sp?) are whats worrying him now....

Many many prayers for a complete and total recovery for your baby!

good luck with your baby. it is such a scary thing to go through. how did her bloodwork come back?

wonderful!! could you imagine how much better he must be feeling now that he's not carrying 10 lbs. of tumour around?

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.