Now It's Lily's Turn To Scare Us To Death!

Lily's back end went out on her yesterday morning, we rushed her to the vet, she was not herself, no evidence of pain. She laid down for the entire vet visit, except when the vet had her stand to evaluate her. She has never ever laid down for an exam, we knew something was wrong vet said she didn't look like her normal self. She started a second evaluation of her back legs and Lily whimpered when she was manipulating/pressing on the inside of her left thigh, good pulses felt on both legs, at that point we needed to do xrays. Femur looked good, but Lily would not lay down on her side for the xrays of her spine.

we are not sure what's going on, could be disc issues, could be a tumor or could be just plane old age, she is 12 after all. she gave us rimadyl and tramadol. We will keep close watch on her through the weekend.

So, my GT friends, once again, I need massive prayers for Lily, heck need them for both Lily and Marx. DH and I are beside ourselves, we actually thought we were gonna have to send Lily to the rainbow bridge today, thank goodness that was not the case.

I know we are not given more than we can handle and there are those on this board dealing with much bigger hound isses, but geez, can we get a break here!

Thanks!

Edited by Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

Scout's back end went out a few months ago. GSD and all. Which was not near as loud as my inner screaming. BUT, after a vet check and a few days of being careful she was fine and hasn't had a re-occurrence. I'm praying it will be the same with Lily

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest Furmom

Scout's back end went out a few months ago. GSD and all. Which was not near as loud as my inner screaming. BUT, after a vet check and a few days of being careful she was fine and hasn't had a re-occurrence. I'm praying it will be the same with Lily

Agreed.. our Bee went lame at the end of Feb,,, she is fine... but knows her limits (ie hasn't been in our bed but back on the couch L) )

Guest IrskasMom

Don't want to sidetrack , how is Marxie doing ???? Is there an Update ??

Mega Hugs and Prayers for that beautiful Girl Lily :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:kiss2

Oh no karen...I hope lily is feeling much better today. Big hug to you and saint guy!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Wow! talk about a rollercoaster ride of emotions! Lily is doing better today but there is definately something going on. She has gone up and down the carpeted basement stairs but she is hesitating coming up. No whimpering. she is putting weight on her back legs but you can certainly tell that the left leg is not positioning properly when walking/standing.

Now she has some nasty goo in her left eye, almost looks like puss. i keep wiping it out but it builds up again. I've looked at her eye and above and below her lids and nothing. Anyone ever have this on their hound???

Today we need to pick ourselves up and get happy, my neice is getting married tonight and I don't want to look half out of it.

Keep those prayers a coming!

Oh no karen...I hope lily is feeling much better today. Big hug to you and saint guy!

;)

Praying for all the missing greys!

Sending prayers!

Any way you can keep her from doing the stairs? Whatever is going on, would be best for her to rest as much as possible.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Poor Lillly!

Yes, if you can avoid the stairs, for a few days at least, that would be very helpful for her healing, I would think.

As for the eye, it could be an infection. They do get them. NPD drops is usually what the vet prescribes. Being she AND Marx were just there, maybe you can just call him/her and see what they think about the drops?

Sending many prayers your way, and HOPING for an UNEVENTFUL weekend!

Dee and The Five

Dang, Karen, y'all can't catch a break!

I'd try to rest Lily as much as possible. Don't let her do stairs or otherwise get up on anything that may aggravate her condition.

Regarding the eye goop, it's probably a little infection, particularly if it's colored. Turbo had some green goop once and we got some eye drops for it. Cleared up in no time. Your vet may want to do a corneal stain to make sure that she didn't somehow scratch her cornea.

Sending y'all good thoughts.

:hope :hope :hope :hope

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Prayers and good thoughts for Lilly. You have enough going on with Marx already!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Yikes Karen! I hope Lily is feeling better in no time and that this is nothing major.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest EmilyandSioux

Prayers coming your way. We use ArthriSoothe Gold for soreness and stiffness around here. It is natural and can be added to the meds she is already on.

:goodluck

I hope whatever it is sorts itself out quickly.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:grouphug Karen :grouphug I hope that this incident with Lily is just that, an incident and nothing more. Let her rest for a couple of days. Sometimes they just get a pinch somewhere and they need a few days to feel better.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--