Spencer Is Gone. My Baby..my First

Guest my3greys

Diane, I am so sorry to hear this. Spencer was beautiful and looks so sweet in his pictures. Riley died 3 weeks ago, so I know exactly what you are going through. It is so hard. Please give Fiona a kiss from us, even though we have never met, you guys are part of our extended family. Please take care, and if there's anything I can do don't hesitate to ask. :grouphug

Lucy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weep.gif My heart is breaking for you. I pray God give you stength and wisdom to get through this. I know, I really do. Its different when its your heart dog. Not more or less of anything but very very different. I found out a surprising thing though when I went through this. The bond with such a divine creature is soooo strong that it enabled me to learn some very comforting truths I don't think I would have ever been able to grasp otherwise. One of them is that death is not an end- its just a transition. Your journey with the magnificent heartdog Spencer will never be over because he will always be a part of you. He will be with you always. Don't try to reason or understand -the pain is too strong right now. Just listen to your heart-it knows what the mind can't understand. Grace & Spencer & you- love and relationships that deep can't just suddenly disappear. You will always be a part of greyhound love. Greyhound love is a journey that never ends and can never be silenced by death or anything else. Those big ole' hearts just won't have it any other way. My deepest sympathy. Please give Rueben a hug for me. grouphug.gif

flowers_red.gifghrun.gifflowers_red.gif

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Spencer.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your loss. Spencer was a gorgeous boy. He will always be in your heart. Remember the good times. :f_red

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your sweet boy, Spencer. I'm so sorry that you are going through this hurt. It's awful. Try to find peace in knowing that you gave him a wonderful life, filled with the deepest love possible.

Lynn_siggie-1.jpg

Guest arlosmom

I am so sorry, for your loss. I will cry with you for mine is gone one week tomorrow. He is running swift over Rainbow Bridge. :f_white:f_white:gh_run:gh_run

I'm so sorry for your loss. Spencer was a beautiful boy & obviously well loved. Godspeed Spencer! flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I am so sorry for the loss of your very handsome Spencer.

I understand why you wrote you will never adopt again, but keep mind, senior greys need homes, too. Matching senior people with senior dogs is a win-win.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I can feel your heartbreak in your post about your sweet boy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, Spencer.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

:cry1 I'm so very sorry...it's obvious that Spencer was loved :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest my3greys

Diane, I am so sorry to hear this. Spencer was beautiful and looks so sweet in his pictures. Riley died 3 weeks ago, so I know exactly what you are going through. It is so hard. Please give Fiona a kiss from us, even though we have never met, you guys are part of our extended family. Please take care, and if there's anything I can do don't hesitate to ask. :grouphug

Lucy

Lucy..I am so very sorry for the loss of Riley..how are paths have crossed so much...I am just so heartbroken right now..Spencer was my first and so special to me.I had him eight wonderful years even tho he was plagued with lupus for most of those years. His hips went bad very fast and vet believes all part of the lupus..he at last couldn't do steps and lost much weight fast..he stopped going up steps and yesterday he fell trying to go to potty and started the panting in pain for couple of days..I couldn't take seeing him in such pain. He was so dignified and elegant and I couldn't bare thinking he was losing his dignity...I have tried to find you on iggyplanet,,was worried about jabari and how you all are...Fiona is doing great,,so funny and healthy now. She is very lovable and I thank god I have she and Rueben to hold on to now..I am very sorry about Riley....hugs to you also...

Edited by my3greys

I am so sorry :cry1

Run Free sweet Spencer...

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

I too can feel your heartbreak, all the way on the left coast. sad.gif But first you gave Spencer a wonderful name and then a wonderful life, and apparently he gave you one back. I so hope the time comes soon that those thoughts console you. Meanwhile, I am so very sorry for your loss.

:grouphug :f_yellow:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I am so sorry to hear about you very beautiful boy, Spencer.

God Speed Spencer.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project