My Murphy Could Use Some Prayers This Week

Guest MyBoys

Guest MyBoys

Last night when I tried to brush Murphy's teeth he would not allow me near his mouth, after I finally settled him down and got a look inside I found a large purplish boil on his lower gum, then I noticed under his jaw was all swollen. I got him to my vet first thing this morning, she was not happy with it but said we would try antibiotics first. If there is no improvment after the week of meds he will need an xray of his jaw. I have gone to her long enough to know when she is worried about something so I asked her up front if it could be cancer, she knows me well enough to know that I want a straight answer, her reply was yes, it very well could be cancer because she could feel something at the jaw line. The better news is that is could be an absess that started at the root of a tooth but he needs to do the meds for a week to see if the swelling goes down. My Murphy needs lots of prayers in hopes the meds work and this turns out to be a tooth problem. I am just beside myself right now, it is going to be a long week for us.

:candle:hope

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Oh no. Hoping it's an easy fix for Mr. Murphy. Sending prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:goodluck that the antibiotics do the trick.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Smiley

I will be keeping you and Murphy close in my thoughts this week and sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers that this is something that can be easily treated.

Guest MyBoys

So far so good, Murphy is responding to the antibiotics and the swelling under his jaw bone has gone down, the purplish boil thing on his gum has gone down a bit and is now just redish. I am sure he is going to have to have at least those 2 teeth out where the gum still looks red, but hey, I can handle that and I am pretty sure he can too. Thanks so much for all the good thoughts for my Murph Man, I am hoping and praying we are out of the woods.:hope

Edited by MyBoys